Who wants to be...

edited July 2009 in General
...a Millionaire an Admin?

Now things are getting busier here, it would probably be sensible to have a couple more Admin users to approve new members etc.
Preferably in non-UK timezones, so we get a bit more coverage when it's my bedtime.
Any takers?

Comments

• while i'm non-UK, mutex will not allow me to host anything atop 68OS. perhaps it was a bit childish of me to incorporate straw + spitball functionality...
  • Yeah, I was discounting you on the grounds of insanity anyway :-)
  • If you can't find anyone else I'm willing to help. I'm in the U.S.

Craig
  • I can help out.
  • I am happy to however in a couple of days I'm off to the States for holidays. Sydney timezone, GMT + 1000. I'm back July 28th so if you still need people then, I'm in.
  • If you can deal with my alternate schedule which is not 9-5 USA, I can help.
    Are there a lot of folks banging on the doors? That's cool.
  • Thanks for volunteering.
    Let's start with Mutex, Nanker and Katrina for now - no offence Craig, but the place could probably do with a feminine touch here and there:-)
    Mutantis is already an Admin too as he was trying to sort out the script posting situation.

As I said above it's mostly a matter of approving new members - which appears under the 'Settings' tab once you have admin status.
    There are also various other settings for all kinds of stuff - mostly pretty well explained and user friendly, but I seem to remember trying to change the theme was a bit of a disaster so I wouldn't recommend that!

Like I've said before, it's been a while since I even looked at the backend things on the server and I'd prefer to get it updated to the latest version before changing much else.

There isn't a flood of people waiting to join or anything like that, but we're getting a steady trickle of familiar faces from the other place and things are getting busier so getting more Admins involved now seems like a good plan to me.
    The site is set up to use my email for the auto-notifications etc but if we think it's a good idea we can look into options for changing that or adding more addresses.
    Maybe come up with some sort of rota for who's doing what when etc?

Any suggestions appreciated.
  • No offense taken. I'm new around here, so that's what I expected. Just offering to help!

Craig
  • Yeah, I didn't offer because I really don't know who's who. Most of the people I "knew" over there are already here.
  • er, no, haven't intentionally changed anything.
    maybe the update thingy waits before it starts annoying you?
    :-)

and it only says 32 days because I got sick of the 370-odd alert nagging me and clicked the button.
    still not updated though.

one day...
  • Oh yeah, don't forget if you need server-side-stuff to let me know :)
  • will do.
    I'm leaning towards avoiding the issue until I HAVE to do something :-)
  • edited July 2009
    It's a good strategy that one :)

I'm busily working on the eMusic/J codebase for Naxos at the moment. There's been a fair bit of work involved. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before I can get it all into a new eMusic/J release.
  • Marvellous!
    It sounds like some people need a decent alternative again after the last updates to the eMu version.
  • Yeah, I've been hearing that too. After I'm done with the Naxos version, there's a UK-based classical music store who wants a version for their stuff too, although I may try for an eMusic/J release between them. All this, and I'm interviewing for a job at Mozilla. Busy times!
  • Good luck with the Mozilla interview. I had one of the most horrible ones of my life a few days ago;)

This new Polyphonic label needs a downloader from you, I'm sure.
    http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2009/07/radiohead-manager-founds-new-label-with-profit-sha.html
  • If any cheeky chops need cauterising...

*pats bag*

you know....
  • Wow! DBD posted? Amazing!
  • hi qw.

what's new?