Grandfather Plans

edited November 2010 in General
I'd like some views on my grandfather plan. I currently pay £19-99 per month, I then get a bonus of £22.01, taking my credit to £42. In the UK this gives me 100 downloads per month. Until December 31st I can change my plan on preferred rates so that I could pay £24.99, which with bonus gets me 75 downloads or pay £31.99 to get the same downloads as now. After Jan 1st I would have to pay £24.99 per month and I'd get 66 downloads. That is the biggest plan offered to new customers.

My dilemma is that I do not know how long my current grandfather plan will last. One could interpret emusic's membership details to imply that everyone will have to change plans to a 'new style' plan soon, but this is very unclear, as the wording is very ambiguous. Does anyone know if this interpretation is right? I have asked emusic how long my grandfather plan will last but have had no reply - has anybody else had their's changed recently?

Comments

• I assume that my current grandfathered plan remains the same for the foreseeable future, and that the current "upgrade options" are an opportunity, not a requirement.

They haven't changed plans on me often...before the new switch, my plan has been the same ever since the Sony changes. Certainly I'm not in a mood to commit more time/money to eMusic, with the way they've been operating lately. I'm very glad I didn't succumb to the annual upgrade offer a few months back.
  • I would imagine our UK/EU plans will stay the same until the Majors arrive.
    Despite eMusic saying it was coincidence, that's when the US plans were switched to new levels even for existing subscribers and ours were left alone.