Crazy Cheap CDs

edited December 2010 in General
I'm starting a thread to post links to Good CDs available for unbelievably low prices - mainly used, and cut-outs, but also new items if apropos:

First ones:

(1) Burning Spear - Chant Down Babylon - a 2 CD, 2 1/2 hr career retrospective, going used for as low as $1.64 (plus shipping) at Amazon.

(2) Linton Kwesi Johnson - (a.k.a. Poet and the Roots) Independant Intavenshan: Island Anthology - a 2 CD collection of everything he recorded for Island records - Forces of Victory, Bass Culture, LKJ in Dub, and Making History. As essential in its way a Bob marley's stuff - starting at $4.98 plus shipping.

(3) Lester Young - Portrait - a 10 CD set of Lester Young's work from the 30s and 40s, put out by a German label (where the music is in the Public Domain). - $15.99 new with free shipping

(4) Fats Waller - Fats Waller - another 10 CD set from Germany $17.59 for 185 tracks - less than 10 cents a piece.

(5) Artur Rubenstein - Chopin Collection - 11 CDs going for under $27, performed by an artist who many consider the best Chopin interpreter of all time.

(6) Igor Stravinsky - Works - 22 CDs for under $30 featuring one of the most important composers of the 20th Century.

Comments

• Tempting, frog, tempting.
    (looks at 20,000 unplayed tracks in Rhythmbox, notes unplayed count is going wrong direction vs. 3 months ago)
    sigh.
  • I can vouch for that Lester Young set. I have about six boxes from that company and while they aren't quite complete, they are organized well and have discographical information which is more than some public domain releases.
  • And I can vouch for the LKJ set.
  • Dolly Parton box - 99 tracks for $18.99.