I present you, my neighbor.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Your neighbor is invited to Bornholm (Denmark):
    22448117-920faa130b80c506d6f18a59117a108d.jpeg
    22447353-c051aa78fd7132e438b631ba44939a23.jpeg
    22448061-fcb3f14ea70ec4acb5e17fcebd3c7913.jpeg
    1,35 meter of snow.
  • I no longer feel in the least bit sorry for myself here in (relatively) snowbound New York City. The biggest actual problem is people who just can't do the right thing for their fellow denizens and don't shovel.
  • edited December 2010
    You'd think the Batmobile could just melt snow with its flames. Or at least warm up some hot chocolate.
  • @james: who needs a security system when you can utilize a cheap bat emblem cut-out and a healthy flashlight to scan the night sky
  • I only ever feel sorry for the people who can't get out of going to work in conditions like this. Fortunately my company shuts down this week anyway. Me and the neighbors just laughed about the snow - what are you going to do? At least my daughter went nuts over playing in the 2-3 foot drifts, and being stuck at home turned into an excellent birthday for the wife (since we couldn't go out for brunch, I surprised her with breakfast in bed).

I actually enjoy the camaraderie of snow shoveling. I met most of my neighbors when 20"+ were dumped on us the weekend we officially moved in. If only I had been costumed...
  • We apparently have already set a record for December snowfall in Minnesota with about 35" (must of our snow is usually in January-March), and they are saying we may get another two feet on New Years. I'm not sure where I'm going to put it if that actually happens.

Craig
  • @ Brighternow - hope you're coping ok, just been reading about your plight in the news, you're only 350km or so away from me
  • @ Martyna. . .
    Thanks, I'm coping. I live on Lolland about 10 km. from Rødby (Rødby - Puttgarten) and we have "just" about 50 cm. of snow here and all the roads are fine.
    It's only Bornholm that are having serious problems.

Are you living in Germany ?

This picture was taken just yesterday on Bornholm:
    22468502-8d0a1c460bbb0518eb199a95f611abfb.jpeg
  • @ Brighternow - Glad to hear you don't have the reported 6m of snow.
    I'm visiting folks in northern Poland. I keep looking at the weather forecast and it tells me that it should be -4 or so. But, there's a microclimate in this particular part of the country and it never agrees with the official view on TV (just like the people here). Still, it's not as bad as the pics you've posted and the only complaint I've heard so far is from my dad (a master of understatement), who moaned that, maybe, he should fit the winter tyres on the car after all.
    I'd post a picture but I can't quite work out how yet.
  • edited December 2010
    It's quite easy once you get the hang of it:
    Right click on picture > left click on properties (the last one) > copy the url > paste in post in between (img) and (/img) (with square brackets)
  • guess that didn't work.
    Where do I upload photos to get a url that I can post here?
    I'd be grateful for suggestions
  • edited December 2010
    img command should be in squared brackets [], not parentheses.
  • edited December 2010
    photo.png
    Ta da!
    (thanks)

oops! I think I'll give up at this point. At least until I'm on my computer at home anyways (it does things in English)
  • You can use a site like Flickr, Picasa, Smugmug, etc. to upload pictures for free and then link to them.
  • i think martyna has herself an avatar!
  • Thanks for the help.
    The sunshine has gone and big snow threatens again so I'll give this a go.
    Not so sure on the avatar though!
  • edited December 2010
    5307396830_a4755f3534.jpg

Will this work? maybe?

Yay!!!
  • edited December 2010
    Oooo, that's purty!
  • 27C/80F here today, beautiful light breeze and clear blue skies. You guys totally live in the wrong hemisphere :-)
  • After days and days and days of below freezing, it warmed to the 40s yesterday and we were at a positively balmy 60 something today. No long sleeves when stepping outside to enjoy a bit of sunshine.
  • Today was perfect post-snowstorm weather. Warmed up enough that the 2 feet of snow in my front yard was nice and wet - perfecting for packing. Made a family of snowmen with my family. Now we get to watch them slowly melt into disturbing shapes for the next few days. Last year or the year before I made a Miffy (cartoon bunny) snowman. As it melted it began to look more like a devil...
  • Couple of years ago we made our family of snowmen sitting in actual lawn chairs with drinks in their hands. Strangers from down the street knocked at the door to give us photos they had taken. Not enough snow here to get creative so far this year - what we had all melted today.
  • love that beard
    The cold held here just long enough for the fireworks last night. It's melting rapidly now (yukky).
    Happy New Year to everyone!