Anyone hear of this performer?

edited October 2009 in General
Right Here.

He doesn't show up in Classics Today...

Comments

• See last paragraph of this review.
  • They seem to have high opinion of his playing. I'm surprised he's not a household name...
  • Many of the performers of the classics are new to me, but I certainly love their music. I don't read the mags, follow the online review sites, etc. I think I will take a chance on this fellow.
  • Are you making fun of that person's name? I thought that's what you were doing, but then this thread took a serious turn.... :o)
  • I always figure froggie is being raunchy. Sometimes I decide to take it seriously anyway.
  • Well, yes... I was pointing out that in my sly way that Vaclav means "Great Fame", but no one has heard of him.

Kind of ironic, I think!
  • There you go, trying to hide your real intent. :)
  • Achieve great fame with your flute! Free 90 day trial!
  • Now, here's something for the raunchy mr. Frogkopf.
  • edited November 2009
    No doubt about that raunch. Not very subtle, is it?

I have been amused by a Halloween display on a front lawn not too far away. A figure is on his knees, bending over some flowers. Trousers are at low mast, with two smallish pumpkins peeking out between the shirt and the waistband. Of course, the best view is aimed at the passing motorist. I think it is humorous. Spouse thinks its the work of a man who hasn't grown up. Guess who laughs more in this household.
  • That growing up stuff is overrated.

Never wanted to be like the adults when I was a kid and still don't - life is so much more fun when you don't have to worry about being "mature". And that word always reminds of the stuck-up, judgmental cool kids in junior high - again, not somebody I would ever want to emulate.
  • Of course this famous flautist only dresses in clothes by his favorite designer....Koos van der Akker.
  • Akk!

Yeah, I don't want to be all stuffy, even though there are times and occasions when my best behavior is necessary. I do have an extra excuse now. When someone raises eyebrows at me, I just laugh and tell them I'm now in my second childhood.