Frogkopf is now #1 on Amie Street

edited November 2009 in General
Congratulations to frogkopf, who is now number one in street cred on Amie Street.

Comments

• What does "street cred" on Aime Street mean?
  • You get one street cred for every penny you make recommending music.

How you make money (from the site):

On Amie Street, when you REC (recommend) a song you get money added to your account! Every time you REC a song, and it continues to increase in price, you earn free downloads for having recommended it to other Amie Street members.

We want to encourage you to talk about the music you like because it helps everyone discover more music and artists reach more people. So we've made it worth your while! How much money you get depends on how popular that song gets -- you can get up to $.98 per REC!

RECs make it faster and easier to discover new music. When you're browsing you can read what other people are saying about an artist, and you can see how many RECs a particular song has to save you time and help you find great new music that you never would have discovered otherwise.
  • When you say "We want to encourage you to talk about the music you like," are you copying text from the Aime Street website, or are you part of Aime Street management?
  • (Just curious)
  • Is this the cross? Or the initial questioning?
  • Based on the comment "(from the site)" I'm guessing everything after the colon is a cut and paste job from the site.

Oh and mommio, that would be direct questioning. You never ask an open ended question on cross!

Craig
  • edited November 2009
    Oops. My ignorance is showing. I've always been on the other end, and the attorney told me, "If they ask you a question that is a trap, and you can't say what you want, say 'Yes, but . . . or No, but. . ." Don't worry when you get cut off. I'll get back to it."

Many, many times on that stand. Mental Inquest Court. Lots and lots of great judges and attorneys, and a few bad ones. In my early years, we were stuck with a judge who was an alcoholic, sometimes coming to our small courtroom smelling of alcohol. He eventually was pretty much forced into treatment. Almost every attorney I worked with was a public employee (Ass't Commonwealth's attorney or Public Defender) and what a great bunch of people they were.
  • I have a ton of respect for attorneys who stay in the public sphere. It was always my goal to be a public defender and I had a couple of second interviews for positions, but never got the offer. Worked out in my favor though because the state budget crunch has caused all the attorneys hired over me to be laid off over the last year or two.

What is it you do mommio?

Craig
  • edited November 2009
    I'm retired now. I worked as a clinical psychologist at a state psychiatric hospital. Yeah, state budget crunches are something to take seriously, especially when that's where your retirement check is based. Between state budgets and the horrible state of Social Security, one needs to have prepared well for retirement. Let's hope my foresight will take me through the rest of my life!

The indigent population can be difficult. Some want help, some don't. Some desperately need it, but you can't force it on them unless they do seem to present a danger to self or others, and even then there are limits to what can be done. It's so hard for families to understand that. The law is the law, and if they don't like it, they need to work to change it. My preference was always to work toward getting cooperation from the patient rather than going to court. But over the years, I went to court many, many times.

I really worked on those verbal skills -- always tried to testify in a way that demonstrated respect for the patient, yet presented an accurate picture of the individual's symptoms. I learned very quickly not to think in terms of win or lose, but to think of being willing to go to court only when we had a strong case, then present the "facts" of the case without any BS, then it was all up to the arguments from the attorneys and the decision of the judge. I had good rapport with amost every patient on my case load, and I also had the respect and friendship of the court. They loved dealing with me because they knew they would get a straight story from me. When I trained students or newly licensed psychologists, I always emphasized the importance of developing a good relationship with the court. They know which ones to take seriously and which ones will hand out the BS.

Hmmm. I think I answered more than you asked. Not good courtroom behavior.
  • Thank DT, no saying how long that will last with a hell hound my trail. I wouldn't be surprised if the mangy mutt passes me up again in the near future.

cfma -typical lawyer, hi-jacking the discussion to your own nefarious end.....
  • froggie - I'm all off topic all the time!

mommio - Sounds like some great life experiences there.

Craig
  • >What does "street cred" on Aime Street mean?

Almost nothing? Is there a rankings page on AmieStreet?
  • edited November 2009
    No official rankings pages. Here's a list I've cobbled together over the last hour or so (slow day at work). I used the networks of Dwizzle, Elliot, Crazyeyes, and Treetops, as well as a few other members. For the emu/sers list I included everyone I came across after checking the networks of most of the emusers on the list. Let me know if I forgot someone. Totals accurate as of around 1-2pm Nov 9.

(Amie denotes official connection with the website)

frogkopf 38252

powelllaw 38149 (Amie)

DWIZZLE 34274 (Amie)

jujubeebop 27957

drb 27218

godsgeek 24106

roguepuppet 19252

Sshomi 18747

StevenR 18107

Treetops 16431 (Amie)

bwick 15784

dorsey 14658

Elias 14350 (Amie)

jamieshanks 13490

kevestun 13271

mjunes 13058

luddite 12792

Plong42 12786

bash pump 12521

kennykenny 12389

CraigH 11075

KinkyWizard 11022

sable6 10460

Scarier than Frankenstein 10353

CarlAbernathy 9602

johnford1 9318

Bill H 8973

rsbrannan 8893

RebelDeadHead 8858

cred ho 8745

Joffi 8555

fourgold 8530

Velmont 8244

cramyavab 7688

DaveM 7353

crazyeyes 7322 (Amie)

jimm73 7169

dlukenelson 7025

azraelsflame 7117

Vorkronor 7040

elliott 7066 (Amie)

TheMilla 6727

Joshua 6623

Champkat 6559

cbjarnson 6251

badlydrawnjeff 6183

trahald 5950

jauresian 5809

ProudestMonkey1 5807

jiclark 5606

vajrasattva1 5583

ger805 5580

JohnGBrown 5449

jeisch 5284

lpkb 5269

heykiddego 5208

muggsy 5192

burgundysizzle 5125

davidack4 5069

bruce705 4940 (close enough)

lisamariesea 4935 (ditto)

noisician 1378 (included because I’m too scared not to include him)

emu/sers under 5K

indieb0i 4692

cafreema 4171

captainwrong 4038

synthmesc 2494

Plotinus 2467

badthoughts 2466

Brighternow 2402

rhinochrister2 2168

skerzo 1952

dbluez 1860

sharonshay 1731

amclark2 1624

elwoodicious 1358

88notes 1290

TheLogLady 1266

eclectricity 579

lemoneyes 109

dr_mutex 99

jacked UP jazz 15

flopearedmule (aka NankerP) 14

brittleblood 2

xtrev 0

qwynwyn 0

porieux 0

xtrev 0

cap'nwhiffle 0

edit: adding people as they come to my attention.
  • My street cred is 14. I have 99 RECs available, but I've only ever done three in all my time ...
  • edited November 2009
    I'd say you're at a disadvantage due to regional restrictions.

I also didn't get elwoodicious
  • Man, I need to get over 5k!

Craig
  • The cred to rec ratio is more interesting to me. I am 12485 / 511, or 24.4 cents a rec. Frogkopf is a full dime ahead of me, 34.9 cents per rec.

I bet the farm on Bill Mallonee a while back, I have a ton of recs for VOL and Mallonee material. If he ever catches on, I'll catch up. I am also hoping betamax and 8-track tapes make a come back. I hung on to my Amiga for far too long as well.
  • edited November 2009
    My ratio is about 75 cents per REC. I have yet to see anyone higher than that. Or even remotely close.

,Kenny
  • Yeah, I haven't played with the REC thing yet.
  • Well get trottin' q! We wanna make KTripper sweat it a bit.
  • once again, qw, i dwarf you.

• Hey, I made the list! I went over 5K last night, now up to 5459. My ratio isn't great (258 RECs, or 21.15 cents per REC), but I'm starting to get the hang of it and I still have over 300 unused RECs in the bank.
  • Ever since I passe up powelllaw, I've noticed a black car parked down the street with a couple of men in it.
  • Someone download: Golden Silvers, Alela Diane, People Under the Stairs, and Wildbirds and Peacedrums! That would help me a lot.

I actually seriously recommend the Golden Silvers album. While each of these four are very good, that album rules.

Craig
  • edited November 2009
    frogkopf wrote:
    I also didn't get elwoodicious
    I don't get the bastard either. Untrustworthy.
  • ...and pops in at the most inopportune time...
  • for some reason I missed luddite - he's been added to the list.
  • At least I'm in the lead for the losers...
  • I'm up to 1628 today! somebody been buying TKW Band? Watch out frogkopf I'm on my way.