Cabaret Voltaire

edited March 2013 in General
Well, I've signed up to emusic again. The days are getting longer and soon I'll be fishing around for some garden tunes. I've been a fan of Cabaret Voltaire since I was just fascinated when I first heard Crackdown.
cvcd1.jpg

The last couple of years I been i've been keeping an ear out for Chris Watson and this year I've got Stephen Mallinder and Richard H. Kirk lined up.**

The first thing I downloaded was Z'ev + Chris Watson - East African Nocturne
300x300.jpg

and I'm open to suggestions on Ku-ling Bros
300x300.jpg.

Hey Rube!
300x300.jpg

and this Richard H. Kirk boxset.
300x300.jpg

-always

** Cabaret Voltaire after-all.

Comments

• Love love LOVE CV! I like their early industrial/lo-fi stuff (Voice of America, Mix Up) - which was an early influence on my musical interest/taste. I also think they made some great music as they went more mainstream (like on Crackdown). It all came together perfectly on the single Sensoria (and its, at times, disorienting video.) I've picked up some of their other non-CV projects over the years - often hit and miss, but they are definitely an all time favorite of mine.
  • Well, first off I should thank Bn for pointing out the arrival of the Mute back-catalogue over at eMu. The first Cabaret Voltaire track I ever got was Do The Mussolini (Headkick) that was on a sampler album Business Unusual (The Other Record Collection) in 1978. My pal and fellow music nut had Red Mecca, and my first album was The Crackdown. Sadly my pal is no longer with us, but it's great to get a reminder to take you back in time. Thanks Doug!

600x600.jpg
    Still Terrific!!

and some first timers.

600x600.jpg

600x600.jpg

2nd play through and I can't wait to hear them show up in the rotation. I'll have to raise the minimum play for sure.
  • and to keep a few more in the rotation

600x600.jpg

back to the begin
  • 2x45 is one of the best - I particularly like Protection, with it's groovy sax. Assuming the original Nag Nag Nag is on that Legends disc - another great one.

Mute back catalogue ehh...almost makes it tempting to go back to Emu after a several year layoff...will need to check that out.
  • edited August 2014
    Cabaret Voltaire is still an unwritten chapter in my music history . . . got to do something about that at some point.

Anyways, just in @ €music:
    300x300.jpg 300x300.jpg

+ two more and a lot of Richard Kirk stuff on Intone Production