Fantasy Football (soccer)

edited December 2010 in Diversions
Anybody else here play fantasy footie? And if so which game?
Been dipping in and out for a few years now and it suddenly occurred to me ask around here.
I mostly play the official English Premier League one, but also dabble with yahoo! and an iPhone game.

Comments

• I did watch most of the Arsenal/Chelsea match yesterday, but can't say I'd know enough to even dabble in a footie fantasy game.

I am, however, about to win back-to-back titles in my primary fantasy football (american) league. Go Evil Lincolns!

Craig
  • The only European football I follow is French, particularly Racing (RC Strasbourg), perhaps the most up and down team in the sport. Every now and then friends inform me how well 1. FC Köln and VfB Stuttgart are doing. It doesn't add up to a lot of knowledge of the sport, just allows me to be more sociable in certain contexts.
  • good grief, trev - that league has TWO wanderers in it - if anyone here joined it'd quickly digress to the standard pissing match.
  • edited December 2010
    Craig - congrats on your fantasy success! I'd quite like to have a go at american ff but haven't really been following the game very closely for a few years, so my picks would probably all be rubbish now. Maybe next season? It'll be an excuse to wear my Green Bay no. 4 shirt :-)

BT - I don't really follow much european football either, but I am quite jealous of the way the Germans run their league (and keep doing well in major tournaments!).

BB - 2 Wanderers! You're right! Never occurred to me before. Just goes to show context is everything. Sometimes.

BN - Was that the Danish song for the world cup? Much better effort than anything we've produced!
  • edited December 2010
    Was that the Danish song for the world cup? Much better effort than anything we've produced!
    Yes, that was the official football song from last year featuring the Danish national team.
    - Nephew is imo. one of the best Danish pop/rock bands these days with a lot of catchy songs in their catalogue, such as:
    "007 Is Also Gonna Die" and "Police Bells & Church Sirens" (great low budget video)