Attention all Free Track whores!

edited January 2011 in General
Downplayer.com - is a site the scours the web for free mp3s and then posts 10 of them a day. All you have to do is right click and save as.

Some days their selection runs toward more pop (Ke$ha, Taylor Swift), some days more towards indie. but there are usually at least a few worthwhile tracks on any given day - and the price is right. Today (Mon Jan 3rd) they have Local Natives, Beach House, Dead Meadows, the Tallest Man on Earth, and Volcano Choir as well as several others.

might be worth keeping an eye on....

Comments

• Oh TRACK whores. With a "T" How disappointing.

Indeed, looks cool. I found a couple I wanted for sure. I like the "curated by" idea, somebody with a POV picking tracks. I can think of several good curator candidates around this place.
  • Nice find, froggie! I am an unrepentant free track whore.

Craig
  • Present! Yes, I'm here! Or there!
  • If you have access to Amazon UK at www.amazon.co.uk they have several hundred free tracks at the moment
  • Cool, thanks for sharing. 3hive used to do that for me, and I found so many great bands there, but it's just about dead now.
  • I tend to collect these sort of things into a common fold for a week or so, and then throw the lot into a media player so songs can hit me more or less at random - it is a fun way to discover new stuff.
  • Totally forgot about 3hive. That's a shame - used to be a great site. Downplayer looks good.

Every so often I used to just play everything in my download folder that hadn't been moved into my music folder. Need to get back to that.