End of the Avant Garde Project

edited January 2011 in Classical
The person who did the Avant Garde Project--which featured digitized versions of out-of-print classical and experimental electronic--has decided to discontinue the site.
After much soul-searching, I have decided to end the Avant Garde Project. My thanks to all of the AGP partisans who have offered support and encouragement.
Unfortunately, I only ever got a few things from the site, my favorite being Rihm's opera about JRE Lenz.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Hey, there's hope.

The kind soul who posted mp3 versions of the AGP flac files has created a mirror (whatever that is)
    The Mirror
    The mp3 archive

I tried them a few days ago with no problems.
  • edited January 2011
    I've just tested the first track of this one - still working.
  • OK, I assumed that all the material was unavailable as I could not directly reach any page.
  • edited January 2011
    I couldn't find the Rihm, Could you link or post the number please ?

Any other rec's are most welcome, you never know when the mirror breaks.
  • @ BN re: Rihm. I'm gonna guess APG62
  • Oh !, how did I miss that ?
    - Thanks.
  • I am very excited to be able to hear again some of the tracks from one of the very first albums I ever owned, electronic music produced at the Columbia-Princeton Electronic Music Center. I bought it in 1964, IIRC, and listened to it all the time, but lost it ages ago. I have often wondered since if it would still hold up 46 years later. Thanks, Brighternow!
  • edited January 2011
    *deleted*
  • edited May 2011
    The Avant Garde Project Comes to UbuWeb:
    "UbuWeb is pleased to welcome the legendary Avant Garde Project. The Avant Garde Project is a series of recordings of 20th-century classical, experimental, and electroacoustic music digitized from LPs whose music has in most cases never been released on CD, and so is effectively inaccessible to the vast majority of music listeners today. The first installment is up, with new material as well as older, AGP archives to be added in the near future. [MP3 and FLAC] "
    - Link
  • This is really cool, thanks for pointing it out! One can actually obtain the complete works of Carl Ruggles for free - otherwise out-of-print, and it's a very nice rip, too.
  • edited August 2012
    Deleted