My Two Cents

edited January 2011 in General
Mytwocents.jpg?t=1294693259

Well, it will carry over to next month!

Comments

• Hah! Nice crop job.
  • I'll have enough for a free track if I just hang on for 24 months! No wait, 25...
  • I've had about 23 cents or so the first two money months.
  • They have been down for a while today, suppose they are going to come up later with all the UMG content re-loaded?
  • Correction, it's just the messboard that's down. Hmm.

Btw, I reported a defective album-only track that I DL'd at least a year ago. They promptly credited me the whole album price so that I could re-DL.
  • Correction, it's just the messboard that's down.

it's getting to the point where i almost wish they'd remove the message boards entirely.
  • Just noticed that the extra pennies have a limited shelf life. As posted over there:
    Actually, they get to keep the change after 2 weeks. I had a rollover of all of 2 cents from last month, and just refreshed today. Looking at my account, my usual 11.99 credit (every 30 days) refreshes on Feb 16, 2011.

In contrast, my 0.02 balance is marked as an "eMusic Courtesy Credit" and expires on Feb 2, 2011. In other words, if you don't DL anything during the first 2 weeks of your refresh period, those rollover pennies will disappear.
  • That's an utterly bizarre policy. Why create the extra complication, and additional bad will it would inevitably produce? Yeesh. They seriously are run by a bunch of yahoos there, I think.
  • The more I hear the problems that you guys are having the more I hope we don't get the majors!
  • RE: 2 week shelf life of any rolled-over coin.

When my annual (2-year sub, actually) came up for renewal at the end of November I opted to drop eMu entirely due to their business approach and lack of customer-orientated website features. Some of the contributing issues with eMu were new while others were long festering ones. I could accept the price increase and had a ton of stuff in my SFL lists that I probably would've seriously still considered getting at the new price-point and I'm still seeing things posted on this board of stuff that's available at eMu that I'd love to get. However, I am so very thankful that I'm no longer supporting or subjected to their bizarre business model. Those of you still there (especially those who are locked into some sort of annual plan) best of luck in getting appropriate value for your money from them. eMu, what a bunch of tools.