ThinkIndie bites the dust

edited January 2011 in General
Another one gone.
Dear Customers,

The ThinkIndie team would like to thank you for your support and patronage of the site and independent music stores. Unfortunately, ThinkIndie will discontinue selling digital downloads as of February 15, 2011. Upon closure, we will delete all account and credit card information. Please use all outstanding credits before the closing date. All mp3s previously purchased from ThinkIndie will be unaffected by the closure. Please direct any questions to admin@thinkindie.com or view ThinkIndie's Terms of Service here.

Thank you again for your patronage and we sincerely hope you will continue to support independent retail.

ThinkIndie

Comments

• Did anyone actually buy anything from them? I downloaded some free tracks and used their indie music store finder to find a local record store, but that's it.
  • I just took their freebies and tried not to make eye contact.
  • I liked the concept, but they never seemed to get enough stores together (the nearest one listed in NJ is like an hour away). Someone had suggested it as an alternative to eMu, but the prices are too high for me when it comes to mp3s.
  • They also seemed to not fill a true need. I skimmed their newsletter and recs, but I already read enough magazines and blogs in addition to knowing where to get music.