The Greatest Day in eMusic History

edited February 2011 in Fight Club
Hah! Mr. W has nothing to do with this - unless you want to make it that way.
Is it just me or does the arrival of the eMusic Essentials Sale leave you as underwhelmed as it does me? Snooze button. Is there anything here I don't already have that I actually would want? Ah, no. Et vous?

Comments

• Most or all of it, plus a whole lot more, is available for $6.99 on CD from amazon as part of their thousands of hits sale. The higher the prices rise at emu the more cds start to seem like a good deal. Now if I could just find a way to make this about Mr. W.
  • I have bought more CDs since November than I had for several years prior. $2 or $3 more for the real deal, occasionally less, it's a done deal for me. Have invested in some JSP box sets at about $4 to $5 a disc. The jewel in the crown being that 10 disc Lester Young set Froggie uncovered at Amazon for $16.
  • edited February 2011
    Seems like they are now consciously trying to compete with Amazon (& 7Digital) - $4.99 to their $5. They are similar in that Amazon's 100 $5 CDs for February aren't very interesting to me either. So emusic has a smaller selection of stuff I don't need - not going to hold my attention for long. I wonder if a part of the rationale is that the lure of looking at the sale page might function as a tool for being able to show new and non-hardcore subscribers that they do have Timberlake, Beyonce, et al?

The one thing that did amaze me was the ELO - are ELO still really selling at a level where a lot of people get excited if the price dips?
    Edit: Well, I guess I underestimated ELO
  • What's all the fuzz? We don't have the sale. I must admit that if you look out for good deals on new releases here, gnerally not on emusic, you can often get them fairly cheaply as downloads or in the large supermarkets as CDs in the first few weeks after release, but then they go up in price. It is years since I heard any ELO - I'd forgotten about them. However, it does not encourage me to seek them out!
  • Not much love for ELO, eh? Truthfully, they never found their way into my collection even then.
  • There's some good stuff up there no doubt, but the whole $5 sale thing is beginning to underwhelm me. So much can be bought around the same price on CD. And coming from eMu? A sale there used to be closer to $1 for an album. If I didn't already own Pearl Jam's debut on CD, vinyl, and deluxe legacy I could get it used on Amazon for less than 4 bucks.