Cold turkey versus the patch

It really had become quite the disgusting habit. And despite the growing chorus of nags encouraging me to quit, I kept at it for years longer than I probably should have. Knowing you should quit and quitting are two very different things. Addiction is a bitch on a bad mense and once its got you, consider yourself fully got.

But despite their best intentions nobody can make your quit or even help your quit. You simply have to decide in your own mind that you have had enough and take a step.

Sometimes you think you are strong enough to go cold turkey, but sometimes you realize that you are going to need help. I recognized that I was going to need a little something to smooth out the rough edges. But I am now going into my third month clean and I don't see anything that is going to stop me now.

My name is Jacked Up and I am an addict but I am determined to control it rather let it control me. I will buy music when I want to buy it not when it is time to use up my subscription.

That's right folks I cured. I put my account on suspension and I haven't looked back. I am no longer your little music junkie. The suspension allowed me to walk away, kind of like a patch.

So I am free now

But my question is this. I want to go in and cancel my membership at the other place but as I recall once you sign in you automatically reactivate your account and incur a hit to your credit card. Also, as I recall the suspension is for 90 days and then it automatically re ups your membership. So how exactly does one inform the other place that I outie 5000 dawg without giving them any more money.

And don't say call them. You might as well tell a runaway ho to call her pimp, that just ain't gonna work.

Comments