Easy Tag or What seems to be pissing you off today

edited October 2011 in Fight Club
This seems like one of the things you guys tend to obsess but one of the blogs I follow has a post about Easy Tag and editing mp3 data.

The blog is called I am your user and posts the occasional rant about the dumbass things tech providers do to their users (which is what got my attention)

Hey let me know if this is in any way useful or even if perhaps this blog is written by one of you

edit:
Far be it from me to stand in the way of the public will. Due to overwhelming public demand (OK so its just Katrina and Dr. Mutex) the gist of this thread has changed to things that piss me off. Therefore, I have retitled this thread and moved the category to the fight club.

So get it off your chest before you end up in therapy

Comments

• Hah. I have plenty of rants about software.
    My main rant for the past year, is websites are still designing for full-screen monitors, you know the kind businesses use withtheir desktop PCs. Well, half the world has changed to laptops and the shorter screen. Put those buttons higher up on the page, people! I am TIRED of scrolling down!
  • My beef is with anybody who's still using a fixed layout. I do a lot of web surfing with my Crackberry. Some sites I visit I can click to zoom on a column of text and the whole column reflows to fit my screen. On others I have to zoom in until I only see 1/4 of the width in order to be able to read the text. Many times I decide it's not worth the hassle to read the page. There's only 50 bazillion other things I could look at that aren't a colossal pain in the ass to read. Same goes for slow-loading pages. When I'm reading on the train, I want to read on the train, not watch a progress bar infinitesimally creep across the screen. I close slow pages all the time, and I won't be back for that article. The stream is always bringing me new and interesting things to read.
  • Record labels that put the name of the label in place of the artist name in the file tags and the file name (offenders of recently purchased albums: SEM Label, Future Recordings).
  • Compilations that just put "various" in the artist tag. A bit like the undecided candidate leading pre-election polls.
  • I offer this as a singular example of the lazy bio.
  • Lol. He's recorded under so many names that I can't use Google to find them all.
  • Yeah, it's unusual to see a bio in which the author basically says in so many words "oh, I can't be bothered" part way through the opening sentence and then quits. And it's not like this is a meaningless artist.
  • And why does every album that I buy that is from another country come tagged as "reggae"?
  • I doubt there's any such thing as an "intuitive MP3 tagger." You basically have to settle for the least objectionable program that you can figure out how to use, and that actually works after a fashion.

So far, the best thing I've come across is probably Kid3, which I might have first heard about here (sorry, I don't remember exactly). It's not pretty, but it gets the job done about 90 percent of the time.
  • Totally agree with GP over Reggae tag. I also get annoyed by other wrong tags such as classical for folk, but what really annoys me is 'Not available in your country at this time' or similar - I know the reason,but it does not lessen the annoyance.
  • edited October 2011
    A recent "Reggae" album that I purchased:

300x300.jpg

I confess that detecting the Jamaican influence is a task that has defeated me so far.
  • edited October 2011
    You weren't aware that Gayageum music was a little known offshoot off Rocksteady? Briefly flourished in the the slums of Kingston during the summer of '67 and is a strong influence on Redwood's first dub plate cut in '68.

MoreYouKnow.jpg
  • Ah, I knew I was missing some crucial connection.
  • But this is not Reggae - it is Dancehall!!

300x300.jpg
  • Well, obviously. It's because he's not playing a Gayageum. Duh.
  • Strong influence? So many peoples sample dat rekkid, it all over da place, man.
  • OK here's what pissing me off today (and pretty much every day)

Minstrels, who having found success dancing a jig or plucking a fiddle, find themselves laboring under the delusion that we out here in television land give a shit about what they think concerning world affairs or neighborhood affairs for that matter.
  • Places that sell greek salads where they act like feta is little flakes of pure gold and they are so few and far between that you have to chase them around the plate with your fork.

And since when was there an olive shortage geez.