Roku Rox

edited December 2011 in Diversions
So I got a wild hair a couple weeks ago and cleaned out my junk room and converted it to a man cave. OK so my whole damn house is man cave but my kids keep coming home from school and taking over both my couch and my television and one of us has got to have some relief.

I bought Roku XD 1080p from Woot last week and it arrived today and I of course have no idea what I'm doing.

I've gotten the thing set up but I thought you folks might have some tips on getting the most from this deal (for free). It seems I get a 30 day free trial of Netflix with this thing but I keep hearing about all great and wonderful freebies you get with Roku.

So what say you?

Comments

• Finally inching into tech world - got the wireless going a couple of weeks ago (wife bought a Nook tablet - nice, but that's another thread) and last week got the Roku hooked up - got the Netflix trial going, enjoying the Instant Video benefits of Amazon Prime - hello Swedish extended version Girl With The.. Trilogy (freaking awesome movies), Downton Abbey, seasons of BBC America, PBS shows - good stuff. Free - eh, so far the free stuff on free channels is seeming to be older, dated material, and I haven't got much farther yet but it seems to be well worth it so far as an investment for homebodies.