Anyone Used Tune Up?

edited May 2012 in General
Found this brief write up about something called Tune Up that purports to be able to fix, re-tag, do missing album art and all that groovy stuff. Anybody used it/know about it? My library has it's share of needs fixing but I am always sceptical of who I invite in. Here's their site.

Comments

• Gah Fox news.

Seriously, though this sounds interesting, especially its use of Grace Notes. Might be worth the $20 for a one year license, though I find the one year part annoying.
  • I purchased and used Tune Up sometime, If I remember correctly, in mid 2009, it was pretty slow, but I had a DSL hookup and a Mac Mini which is pretty slow by today's standards. My music library, probably 25,000+ songs at the time, was a complete mess of mostly eMusic downloads before there was any cover art attached. I purchased this mainly for the cover art, but it did come in handy on several occasions for track info from Gracenote. Especially for CDs I had purchased and put on my computer as MP3s. Many of them had no track info at all after ripping. For classical music, especially compilations, this was a major problem. The program worked okay, If I remember correctly I limited the number of titles to search for album art each time, so I did a bit each day. It took several weeks and many of the album covers weren't the best quality. I think it gave me a choice of artwork to select in many instances also. All in all if you have a large messy collection, as I did, I think it is a worthwhile purchase. As to the one year limit, once I finished with the major clean up I hardly ever used the product again. I am assuming also that it is better that it was when I used it three years ago, and hopefully faster. Good luck.
  • edited August 2012
    Deleted