8Tracks

kezkez
edited July 2012 in General
ATTN: Nank or Nereffid (or anybody else that has made mixtapes on 8Tracks)

I just started playing around with creating my first mixtape in 8Tracks and I can't get a track to upload. I'm using Windows7. I click on 'upload a track' and browse to find the file, then click 'open.' Nothing ever seems to happen. Does anybody have any idea what I am doing wrong? The file I'm trying to upload is in my ITunes Music subfolder of the ITunes Media folder (MPEG4 format, I think).

I'm anxious to figure it out because 8Tracks looks like a very cool site!

EDIT// Maybe I'm getting a little closer to figuring out what my problem is. When I looked at 'properties' to the MPEG4 music file, I noticed it was 'read-only' (which said only applies to files within a folder), so I copied it to the desktop and it is no longer a read-only file. Trying to upload now, but so far it still looks like it's not doing anything.

EDIT// Well, I managed to upload my first song. I had to use the 8Tracks' basic uploader for some reason. The only way I can even FIND the basic uploader, though, is to go to the troubleshooting page. Oh well, it seems to get the job done.

Comments

• Hi Kez. Can't wait to hear your mix! I use the Mac uploader where I just drag and drop from iTunes so I'm not familiar with the Windows set up sorry. I think the uploaders have been in Beta for a couple of years which is why maybe they don't advertise them ;-)
  • Thanks for the reply, Nank. My first mix is going to just be one I already posted here on emu on the themed custom EP thread a while back, but I'm adding some new songs to it that are great songs (IMO) and fit in real good with the theme. Now that I'm figuring out how to do it (albeit a slow round-about way), I'm going to have lots of fun making a lot of new mixes.

(I only recently got back to 8Tracks after initially checking it out some time last year, but at that time I listened to several of your mixes which were great. I'll be checking out more of them now that I'm getting back into it.)