GodDamnTheRing!

edited September 2012 in General
Starting tonight PBS (at least in NYC) is starting a series of Great Performances from the Met of the Ring cycle - Das Rheingold tonight, Die Walkure tomorrow, Siegfreid on Thursday, and I presume Friday will be Gotterdammerung although I didn't have the chance to hit the program grid. There was some kind of "making of" show last night I passed on, without realizing that it meant there might be an actual showing of the whole enchilada, or a whole lotta space on the DVR if you prefer. No way I'm getting through this awake on work nights. Figured I'd post this since opportunities to see the Ring don't come that regularly, and hope this one isn't too modern - the last Das Rheingold I saw on TV had the Rhine Maidens dressed up as hookers in front of some industrial backdrop - didn't really work for me.

Comments

• Wow! Thanks for this info, it's even on up here in Maine. I don't watch TV any more so I would have missed this. I saw a ring cycle many years ago, perhaps the 70's, on PBS and it might have been the one you are describing, I don't remember a lot of the production though, but I think it had a very dreary, modern city look to it. No spears or horned helmets.
  • Dreary, modern city look - yeah, that was it. Here's hoping this one's different.