October 2012 Downloads

edited November 2012 in General
Wow. This month leaves me breathless. And I hardly spent any money. Have not even listened to all this yet. Guvera is starting to exhaust me already.
If your month was like mine, compiling this will be a little work, but I am especially keen to see people's lists this month as a guide to Guvera.

Guvera (I think most of these were mine, but my wife has an account and most of what she wanted was broken and we listen to some of the same stuff, so I've been reaping the overflow a bit as her credits accumulated. She is still sitting on a lot of credits to blow on blues now Guvera's fixed)
Solar Fields - Extended
Mike Odfield - Ommadawn
Mike Oldfield - Hergest Ridge
Tinariwen - Aman Iman: Water Is Life
Billy MItchell - This Is Billy Mitchell
Balkan Beat Box - Balkan Beat Box
Balkan Beat Box - Nu Med
Klaus Schulze - Timewind
Isis - Panopticon
The Sixteen - Ikon
The Holmes Brothers - Speaking in Tongues
The Creatures - A Bestiary Of
Talk Talk - Spirit of Eden
Talk Talk - The Colour of Spring
The Carla Bley Band - European Tour 1977
Estonian Philharmonic Choir - Rachmaninov: All-Night Vigil
Nils Petter Molvaer - Solid Ether
Arvo P

Comments

• Yes thanks to people here I have downloaded an enormous amount, and I can't even access Guvera! That is why I have stopped contributing to these threads, as it is a big task. Much of what I now download is either from Bandcamp, Noisetrade and similar, plus my grandfathered 100 emusic credits. So thanks emusers!
  • Yes, it's an effort to compile. I do find it helpful to have a list for each month though - helps me to go back to things that piled up. Also always interesting to see what other people prioritized.
  • GP: It actually seems like you've held back--most of those albums are <6 tracks. I think my list wold be longer, even though my albums tended to have more songs. (For the most part my wife and I have been in lockstep with regard to DLs this month.)
  • edited November 2012
    Yes, I did go by what I wanted, not low track count - some of those choir albums have up to 20 tracks. Getting 8 credits a day instead of 3 a week changed my mentality on that - decided I might as well prioritize what I really wanted. Though the Mike Oldfield/Klaus Schulze is low count/longer tracks. I've also got several more albums sitting in the sorting folder that will go on November's list.
  • BTW, have you come across any good albums of non-sacred (not for worship services), Burgundian or French motets and madrigals?
  • I haven't, but I'll keep an eye out. These first few weeks the threads I was tracking were Arvo P
  • 7digital
    Bat for Lashes - The Haunted Man
    The Mountain Goats - Transcendental Youth

Amazon
    Bob Mould - Silver Age
    D'Angelo - Brown Sugar
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!
    Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city
    Mobb Deep - The Infamous

drip.fm
    Fridge - Happiness
    John Cale - Shifty Adventures in Nookie Wood
    Telstar Pones - Farewell, Farewell

Freebies
    Death Grips - NO LOVE DEEP WEB
    Jeremy Messersmith - Paper Moon

Guvera
    Bauhaus - The Sky's Gone Out
    Boogie Down Productions - Criminal Minded
    D'Angelo - Voodoo
    David Bowie - Lodger
    David Bowie - Station to Station
    Digable Planets - Reachin' (A New Refutation of Time and Space)
    fIREHOSE - If'n
    Genius/GZA - Liquid Swords
    Ghostface Killah - Fishscale
    The Knife - Silent Shout
    The Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride II
    Pharoah Sanders - Karma
    Radiohead - Hail to the Thief
    The Rapture - Echoes
    The Runaways - s/t
    Saccharine Trust - We Became Snakes
    Serge Gainsbourg - L'Histoire de Melody Nelson
    Siouxsie and the Banshees - Once Upon a Time / The Singles