one more barbarian through the gate ...

edited November 2012 in General
A friend on Twitter alerted me to the fact that AC/DC seem to have quite quietly been added to iTunes, ending their long resistance although he says the prices are very high (in Australia) and they are using the "the inferior US track listings on some of the Bon era albums" which probably means something to someone. Is Garth Brooks the only major hold out now? (no jokes, not my cup of tea either - although I may well cherry pick a few tracks if he was there - but no doubting he's major and there must be some serious pent up demand for his catalogue digitally.)

Comments

• I think early Black Sabbath is still a holdout, and King Crimson, which may not be major, but I'd like to get some.
  • Even with a bit of internet research I couldn't come up with any other names; the introduction of the Beatles was the beginning of the end
  • Another big one I just remembered; early Kinks.
  • edited November 2012
    itunes over here has a greatest hits compilation from the Kinks, including all their sixties hits but that is all. It sounds like they are original recordings. Yet some of their stuff is available on emusic, far more than on itunes, but much of that is later with some possibly re-recordings of earlier stuff