Prince annouces surprises shows. Anyone wanna come to Minneapolis and go?

edited January 2013 in General
Any of these would be so awesome. The Dakota is a small jazz club.

Link.

Tickets still aren't on sale even though they're supposed to be.

Craig

Comments

• Wow. I wish I lived somewhere cool.
  • I'm seeing Prince on Friday! My wife allowed me to splurge and I just snagged tickets.

I'm so freakin' pumped it's insane.

Craig
  • We are looking forward to a full review Craig, I am sure it will be brilliant.
  • I'll do my best on the review. It'll be tough though because my brain will likely be mush during and after the show.

Seriously, the Dakota only seats 294, and based on where our table is, I'll be about 15-20 feet from the stage.

I'm giddy.

Craig
  • Wow. That is awesome. I only saw Prince once, at the Omni in Atlanta a LONG time ago when a friend offered me a ticket the day of the show, and it's still in my top ten. Have fun...
  • Nice! Have fun and don't worry if your review is simply "OMFGICBIAFALGALALALA!!!"
  • I tracked with you on the OMFGICBIAF, but then you lost me thom.

What does one wear to a Prince show at a jazz club? Aside from a raspberry beret of course.

Craig
  • but then you lost me

Exactly.
  • I thought that might be the case.

Craig
  • Could I be more excited?

No.

Craig
  • Have a blast, Craig. People were disappointed in those Chicago shows...sounds like that will not be the case here!
  • It's too bad that the Chicago shows were a disappointment. Do you know what the issue was for people?

Craig
  • From Greg Kot's review:
    At some point, you figured Prince would seize the show. But that moment never really arrived. He and his guitar appeared to be on the outs most of the night. The singer picked it up briefly during “Purple Rain” and teased the audience: “Can I play this thing?” Instead of a solo, he played a handful of notes and set the instrument back down. A saxophonist tried to pick up the slack, to no avail.

Also something about a 1.5-hour (!) wait for an encore...
  • Ah, so he was Prince. He can certainly be maddening.

I can't imagine waiting for an hour and a half for an encore, though. You've already seen most of the concert, so why not just leave?

Craig
  • Okay. I'm going to get a review up on MiG tomorrow, but for starters all I can say is....damn. As fun as the first two nights of shows sound like they were, I don't think there is any doubt I went to the best night. Tonight Prince played with a classic rock quartet, and he repeatedly demonstrated why he is a rock god.

I think it is safe to say it was the greatest concert I've ever been to.

Craig
  • Obviously jealous, but it sounds like you had a great time and I'm really glad you got to go. It's great to hear about events like that from "one of us".
  • MiG review.

Prince is allegedly touring this year. If he comes near you thom (which I think is probably likely based on your location), SEE HIM!

Craig
  • Is he sneaking around secretly? A Google search isn't locating any tour schedule.
  • Nothing has been announced yet, but the show here this week were technically 'rehearsals' so....

Craig
  • Nice review. That sounds awesome.
  • But did you wear something purple, along with your raspberry beret?
  • I actually suited up for the evening (seemed appropriate), but don't have purple in work wardrobe. I do have pink though, so I wore a pink shirt and blue/pink tie.

Craig