emusic pricing

edited May 2013 in General
so, not been a member of emu for years now... just saw that they went to straight sales or membership... so what's the pricing difference between the two? is it just that you get the "bonus money" for being a member or is it more?

thanks,
discokvn

Comments

• Yes, "bonus money" and cheaper pricing. I'm still on the annual plan ($17/mo credit), with a built-in ~30+% discount, so it remains a good-priced option. A $7-listed album is under 5 bucks real money.
  • I have had a weird problem, probably only relevant in UK. My subscription is an even amount of money (ie £42 per month after bonus), all downloads are 42 pence, but my balance is now £32.13 (ie an odd amount) Mathematically that is not possible - when I have received extra credit from emusic it has always been a round amount like £10. I contacted CS but they are still to reply a few days on.
  • It looks like you're off by half a track; is it possible that there is some price creep in the UK now too? One £0.63 track would have done it. I think somewhere there at emu there is a download by download log of what you got.
  • As far as I know we are still on 42p per track, but nothing would surprise me. I'm a bit out anyway because the £10 bonus we got for Valentine's Day does not divide by .42 anyway. I can't work out whether I've lost or gained!!
  • so, i can't tell what an album would cost me if i were a member vs outright purchase... that's a lost opportunity for them...