Concert Vault

kezkez
edited September 2013 in General
I keep getting these emails from Concert Vault. Forgive if this is unecessary repetition of previous posts I may have missed -

What is it? A search of this board shows Bremble has joined. How do you like it? Anybody else use this?

Link that was included in my email

Comments

• Another thread on the same topic.

I haven't rejoined since my membership expired recently. Not as good of a deal as it used to be.
  • Well... it's pretty much what it says. The Concert Vault is a massive series of live shows that were owned by Bill Graham and sold to the Concert Vault owners. I'm not sure about the legality of "owning" this music. It is broken up into "channels" for genres of music: Rock, Blues, Country, Folk, Jazz and Indie (along with interviews and comedy). They've gotten together with the Daytrotter folks, because some (if not all) of the Daytrotter Sessions are featured.

The quality of the recordings (and performances) range from good to excellent. I think the price must have gone up, as it looks like it's $40 a year to join. There are 2 free downloads a week available for members (I've enjoyed the blues downloads, not so much the 70's rockers of late like an early Blue Oyster Cult concert - that recording and performance was probably the worst I've heard so far). Through tomorrow morning it's a Kinks concert from 1972. My favorite concert download was he Bonnie Raitt concert from 1973 - the recording was ok, but she was great (and very stoned - hilarious).

All concerts are available to stream for free - you can set up playlists of songs. They also have some videos - haven't ever tried those.