Band question

edited January 2014 in General
Question:

Do you know the song Dirty Paws by Of Monsters and Men?

If so, can you suggest a much less well known/up and coming/basically cheaper to get rights for band that has a sound reminiscent of that song?

If so I might be able to connect them with a commission.

Comments

• If it helps, I hear that song as reminiscent of a combo of Stars + Arcade Fire. Perhaps last.fm would provide leads based on 'similar to' those three bands.
  • edited January 2014
    Dunno if this works for you or anyone else but when I first heard Of Monsters and Men I immediately thought of the group Hellsongs (Best. Cover. Song. Ever.). Icelandic vs. Swedish vocalists... all the same to my tin-ear I guess.

Anyway I poked around a bit and did some reading up and found out that Hellsong had a change of personal and now have a different vocalist. However, if I did my research correctly the original vocalist (Harriet Ohlsson) has put out a solo album at some point afterward and which sounded pretty good to me Here. (click on the 'listen' tab/link). Her Facebook page.

Good luck. Have Fun. Hope you make somebody some $.
  • What about emusic selects alums (and Michigan natives) Breathe Owl Breathe. They sound not the same but in the same ballpark, and they were around before Monsters I think, so aren't really copycats. I'm listening too and really liking their latest right now. Their Bandcamp stuff is pricey, but they seem label free...
  • edited January 2014
  • Thanks for the suggestions - I passed them on. If anyone thinks of more, do add them,