krrrisssst i ned music recs

edited February 2014 in whirling dervish
hey kids. not sure if you've noticed but i've been absent. gobs of things have happened but without traveling too far i want to say i miss y'er antics, quips and colorations.

awkward as sin to try and reconnect...hopefully you've kept a liter stein handy for the occassion of my return. !!!

i'd like to say i've abandoned my music avid thing for a japanese woodblock print avid thing, but truth be told no mind-cleansing drugs can save me.

<awkward silence>

i ned recs.

any recs except recs you get in a can - you know, the kind which say "adam" or "one republic" or such...it's out of control and thankfully the polish laborers and their radio's have travelled elsewhere for the winter.

i ned recs.

ned like you don't know. ned like a cash to a vice. or vice versa.

ned in no uncertain terms.

i fukkin' ned.

Comments

• As far as new-ish releases by less-heralded artists are concerned, my recs would have to be Holly Echo, Jen Olive, and Be Forest.
  • edited February 2014
    a2741549963_2.jpg

a2732943328_2.jpg

-hollederstadium1.jpg20131114.jpg

a3523847771_2.jpg

a0767724306_2.jpg

a1912120905_2.jpg
  • New and nice:
    51jBffthZNL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    Welcome back!
  • edited February 2014
    4774926-origpic-3af49c.jpg_0_0_100_100_250_247_0.jpg
  • holy smokes.

"new" is dead for me. !!!

if you subscribe to the belief we are all a sum of our experience then i am obligated to unroll the red-rosin painter's paper out and sit each and every one of you down for a tale of such horrific proportions you will hastily take up residence in the most inaccessible of locations and shutter humanity off for good.

my lissenin' sources over the past year:

1. street musicians in europe. which is to say i've heard "knockin' on heaven's door" in butchered anglais 47x.
    2. polish day-laborers and their radio. they prefer euro-dance dribble as performed by anglais musicians. at high volume.
    3. a full season of "the voice". yep. i watch very little tv. but my better half somehow was lured in and i'm somewhat along for the ride.

so, i get too much "what's really popular" and nothing else.

paint your own gritty teeth ending.
  • So you haven't been around because you spent a year as a day-laborer in Poland? Somehow that wouldn't surprise me from you, 68. :)

Craig
  • edited February 2014
    I'm not sure many of the above recs are actually playable by said street musicians, so there's that.
  • edited February 2014
    "new" is dead for me. !!!
    - Really ? - That is "new" to me . . .

What you "ned" is:
    Sir Brighternow's serious weird shit FMA summer mix
  • I've been really getting into Dirty Beaches the last few months. Bandcamp link below but swindleeeee has DB as well.

http://dirtybeaches.bandcamp.com/album/night-city

Hope this meets your neds.
  • grabbed "image of melancholy" and brighter's mix.

sampled dirty beaches and have interest but holding off on the d/l.

as far as the polish day laborers, we embarked on a year of just absurd decisions - many with pronounced financial implications > wife bought her partner's half of dental practice (partner moved to AZ), trip to copenhagen > berlin > munich > prague, and returned to the granddaddy of 'em all: blew off half the house and renovated as if we are transitionally modern. ergo polish day laborers.

we're teeth-achingly close to completion.