Best Albums of 2019

It is only just June, but the lists have started already! From the Guardian Best Albums of 2019 So Far

Comments

• edited June 2019
    That list makes me feel old and out of touch. This would be my retaliatory list, in no special order, of things I have liked from 2019 so far:

Neal Morse Band - The Great Adventure (The band's second consecutive progressive rock double-concept-album based on Pilgrim's Progress, making a single 4-disk sequence. Really excellent, and it was great live in Detroit. Looking forward to a possible live release, which should bring my haul from this particular oeuvre up to 8 CDs and several DVDs).
    Rodrigo y Gabriela - Mettavolution (They play them guitars pretty well, and this one has the bonus of a Pink Floyd cover.)
    Luke Sanger - Ancient Pathways (nice burbly synthy stuff from Serein.)
    Porya Hatami, Aaron Martin and Roberto Attanasio - Sallaw (I am returning to this one more the more time goes on. Ambient/modern classical, textured and beautiful.)
    Nils Frahm - Encores 2 (Always love some Frahm.)
    Jamie Saft, Steve Swallow, Bobby Previte - You Don't Know the Life (Very nice jazz outing.)
    Daniel Herskedal - Voyage (Lovely new release from my favorite Norwegian jazz tuba player.)
    Offthesky - To Break is Something Sacred (Actually just bought this today but love it and have it on repeat; ambient)

I also want to spend more time with 2019 releases from Benoit Pioulard (Avocationals), Dream Theater (Distance Over Time), Corey Fuller (Break), Nicolas Bernier (frequencies a_archive), and Lost in Kiev (Persona), Taylor Deupree and Steven Vitiello (Fridman Variations) - all have just had one or two listens so far, so I can't really evaluate yet. Oh, and I need to get the new Over the Rhine album.