Browse eMu by number of tracks (sort of)

edited August 2009 in General
For those of you who still care about eMu... This has been posted on the boards:
We recently updated our Browse and Charts pages with a new refinement, "Number of Tracks". This will let you filter the results to albums that have a specific number of tracks. The options are: Any number between 1 and 11 or 12 and higher. We hope you will find this useful when your account has just a few credits left and you want to use them on a full album download.

We do anticipate what you might be thinking, "That's nice, but I really want to browse by number of credits!" We plan to replace this new Number of Tracks refinement with an Album Price (Number of Credits) refinement in the future. At this point it wasn't feasible due to the fact that our new variable pricing system is not yet available in all regions where eMusic is offered. So while it's not perfect, and we know sometimes you'll come across albums that are priced higher in credits than their number of tracks, we believe it is useful enough to roll out.

Please also note that we decided to retire the "Featured Regions" refinements. It wasn't used by many members and frankly we need more and better regional data for albums to have made it more useful and interesting.

- Deirdre (eMusic)

For us uncapped Europeans it's somewhat irrelevant, thought I suppose it does encourage us to find few-track albums for downloading with our cheap grandfathered accounts... hey, wait a second, wasn't that what got us into trouble in the first place?

Fun with statistics:
About 60% of eMu albums have fewer than 12 tracks. But over 80% of Electronic albums have fewer than 12 tracks, while only about 40% of Classical albums do.

Comments

• you lost me at
    For those of you who still care about eMu
  • fwiw, I still care...and it is a nice, albeit late, addition to their feature set.
  • What I found valuable was keeping my SFL on Delicious and tagging the albums with the number of tracks. This allows to browse the SFL by number of tracks.