Thanks xtrev, and to others too

edited August 2009 in General
It's been some time since I checked out emusers, sorry, been really busy recently and had lost a lot of the interest that I'd had in participating on the other place's boards, mainly due to the sell out to those rootkit sneakers - Sony. I probably won't get to post much here for some time, got major changes going on in life, lots of travel/work, a temporary move here in London and an impending move to the other side of the world, but it's good to know where I can catch up with surefire tips as to what new music to check out.

I was majorly surprised to see how far this site has come over recent months, thanks xtrev for getting it sorted in the first place and for sticking with it through the earlier quieter times so as its become what it is, a very interesting read, lots of contributions from a lot of usual suspects from the other place, and some new ones to me.

Emusers has even expanded it's staff, all familiar names, so thanks to you all too for helping this place be what it is now, thriving. I did wonder where many of you were posting nowadays as the other place's boards are really quiet, not much in the way of what I'd got used to reading from many of you, useful tips and recs, so thanks to you all too for those that you used to post there and continue to do so here.

Dubdance

Why did you all keep this quiet from me??!!!!!!

Comments

• Every day you didn't look at emusic, we made sure to post lots of links here to emusers, so you'd miss them; )
    Not really, of course - but there have been several links from over there to here.
    Take some time to relax, listen to some good music with all those changes going on! And drop in here from time to time, of course.
  • enjoy the change,embrace the new...I think this haven will expand and become a place of delight
  • You're welcome dubdance.
    I'm really pleased that people are using the place at all, so it's great to see you and some of the long missing(ish) emu names like auntie show up.
  • hey dubdance - good to see you pop in...which other half of the world are you heading to? i'm sure any regional info you can pass along would be well received...stay connected

• edited September 2009
    brittleblood - thanks. I'm eventually headed to Australia, a place I've been to a number of times, but only to visit, this is permanent. So I know from posters from there that my emusic experience won't be as good as it's been in the UK. Before that I'm traveling via New York to the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Puerto Rico and Cuba for work until early next year at the end of this month. I've been to Cuba, and New York before, and am really looking forward to being in both, I don't know a lot about the other places, as yet, though am doing crash courses in what to expect there. So I may well be a convert to new musical experiences that I pick up on while there. I didn't realise how much I'd get into the various Cuban styles until I was there, so it may well be the same with merengue, Bachata, or even reggaeton, which I've been under-impressed with so far in travels in Central America, despite my love for reggae and most sounds with that as an influence.

I'll be sure to post up any finds, thoughts, good and bad, about sounds I come across though. I'm not sure if I'll check into emusic while away though, my sub runs out in October and I doubt that I'll renew it, but I'll come here when I can now it's starting to really take off with lots of reliable posters I recognize from the boards at the other place, the good tips from many of you are much appreciated.
  • So I know from posters from there that my emusic experience won't be as good as it's been in the UK.

It will be non-existent, as eMu is no longer accepting Australian subscribers. Assuming that at some point, you'll have to change your banking details from the UK to Australia....
  • that's harsh, k.
  • If you keep a UK credit card, you should be able to keep that subscription.
  • Thanks eythian for the tip, I will be keeping at least a couple of UK cards running, so I'll remember that.