Bolivian Baroque - WOW!

edited August 2009 in Classical
When my well runs dry, I troll through eMu downlads/ratings. This morning I was eMu stalking Nereffid. I downloaded this gem, Bolivian Baroque Vol 2: Music from the Missions and La Plata, based on his and others' reviews/ratings, and oh, boy! I like this album better than anything else I have downloaded recently. It is easily a 5-star in my opinion. Just wonderful.

Nereffid, since neither Vol 1 nor Vol 2 is in your download list, only Vol 2 in your reviews, do you have an opinion on Vol. 1? No doubt I will set it to download tonight no matter what, but just asking.

Comments

• I guess I must have downloaded vol 2 with another account. I haven't heard vol 1.

There's also a series on Hyperion from Ex Cathedra that's along the same lines. The 3 volumes are "New World Symphonies", "Moon, sun & all things", and "Fire burning in snow". I have the last of these and it's wonderful.
  • A friend lent me one of the Skidmore Hyperion Latin American baroque CDs a while ago. The opening item on “Fire burning in snow” is called "Hanacpachap cussicuinin":

http://www.hyperion-records.co.uk/tw.asp?w=W2605&t=GBAJY0552401&al=CDA67524&f=ex%20cathedra
    (sample)

An amazing title for amazing music. Too bad Hyperion is still apparently holding out against downloadable music.