I did it!

I am now officially 9 hours and 46 minutes post emusic. Unfortunately I (in classic amclark2 style) seem to have quit to late for a disloyalty bonus, and to early for a loyalty bonus. I did get a 25 free right when I hit the quit button, so I guess that's what I was worth to 'em.

Comments

• congrats...in a few weeks you'll be accepted back into society and you'll be asking yourself "was i always that nitpicky?"
  • Thanks for the tip about timing our leaving right, as far as what bait they may, or may not, dangle in our direction when we quit, shame that you only got the 5 track lure.
  • Toast yourself with a double shot of Pappy when you realize all the money you would have lost when emusic bites the dust three months from now.
  • What money would that be? I pay monthly when I get my downloads.

Seriously, move on with your life.

Craig
  • I quit earlier in the month, uncanceled during the same month (to see if anything would happen), tried canceling again, but was then was offered a free month.

Disloyalty is right.
  • See, when I cancelled, they offered me another month free - no strings - but that only meant 12 tracks on the eMu lite plan.
    Those 50-track loyalty bonuses a lot of folks are getting seem sweet. Unfortunately, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to them, and they are pissing people off who AREN'T getting them. What are they thinking? Good grief. It's no way to run a business.
  • I got 24 credits free. Plus, by staying on, I should get 10 more for rating albums. Not as great as the loyalty bonus, but I'm happy with 34 credits.
  • I noticed that the infamous Wanderer called to get his bonus. There must be a checklist that they go through that allows them to apply the bonus as broadly as possible without calling it a general giveaway. Management may have flexibility with labels when it comes to targeted rewards rather than cheap subscription plans. My account isn't up until January, so I suspect my loyalty is being "rewarded" because I have lost downloading power with the 12 credit [strike]cap[/strtike] default. Or maybe it's just me (I've been pissed that I haven't been able to get as many albums as I used to).
  • My 50 came shortly after I mentioned it on the message boards over there. Whether there's a causation there, or they're just spreading the timing out, I'm not sure.
  • Just a question. Is anyone from UK/Europe getting these free credits? Nothing about them on my account page. Or are we the poor relations, as usual?
  • Poor relations in a way, but I'd rather keep my current annual 90-a-month plan for a bit longer than get a measly offering of 50 free tracks after they cut my monthly downloads by around two thirds.

Isn't this only for people who access the US store though?
    Who have therefore been hardest hit by the recent changes.
    Which would explain some of our friends from down under getting freebies too.
  • While I would be subject to one of the biggest price increases once my annual ends, I haven't been hurt that much yet (other than the emotional scars from the message board) yet I still got 50 freebies. Seems pretty odd that they didn't dole them out to everyone that had been around for X number of years.

But piss poor planning is par for the course over yonder.
  • You may be right about us being fortunate to keep our current plans for the moment, xtrev, but we've had to endure album-only with no album-capping (I don't give a toss for Sony), which has hit me (for one) quite hard, so I think we deserve something too! Not to mention that standard (current) subs cost 50% more than US users' subs.
  • JFLL - I've not seen anything either that hints that I may be getting any bonus downloads. I do see the album only restrictions on tracks which are + 10 mins in length, but not the 12 credit limit on albums which are of more than 12 tracks. We're also getting a bad deal in the UK, as far as I'm concerned, as are so many others from various other parts of the planet.

I agree with xtrev in how he would prefer things to be.