You heard it here first

edited September 2009 in General
Piece of advice (and I'm not the first one to note the air of desperation in emusic's "loyalty" bonus). Emusic is hurting with the defection of hundreds of subscribers. Their free downloads and their "revised" yearly plans are an attempt for an immediate influx of cash. It won't work, and when they do go belly up, you won't see a nickel of the money you've stuck into the more attractive yearly plan. Stick with the monthly plan for now. If they're still here this time next year, more power to them, but I don't see it happening.

Comments

• Thanks for the great advice I've gotten from so many other great posters. Keep recycling!
  • Despite the fact that TPWSNBS has been seized and mismanaged by the assholes who currently own and run it, if and when it ceases to exist I will mourn its passing like that of an old friend.

That place was the first, last, best and only shot at taking control of the music industry away from the numb-nuts who cater the 13 year olds who haven't a clue about how music should sound which forces the rest of us to be subjected to crap.

Maybe they will get it figured out, maybe they won't, but at this point they appear to be really slow learners.
  • edited September 2009
    Thanks for your advice, jtcdlantnld.
    Why are you here, exactly?
  • edited September 2009
    Echoing Nereffid.

When I saw you had joined, tjlandcad, I had a little optimism, thinking that you might really want to discuss music. So far your posts have destroyed that optimism. So far your posts are smelling trollish. I have learned that trolls thrive on attention, grow fat and dangerous, sometimes destroying message boards. Good trolls know just how to dangle the bait and get that attention they need in order to survive.

I have also learned that trolls wither away and die when neglected, when no one nibbles at the bait. This will be my one response to you so long as you appear to be looking for discord. If your posts become more focused on music, I may change my mind. At this point, however, I just see you as a disruption to this board that has become such a pleasant place to visit.

Too bad we don't have an "ignore" feature here.
  • jackedup: my sentiments exactly. even though i've quit i'm hoping they pull through and get back on course and realize their potential. although if they keep it up i think amie street may be the ultimate winner - their selection is not so great now, but with flexible pricing i don't see anything stopping all the labels from going there eventually.
  • Well, mommio, I'm not quite sure what exactly you find so offensive. Ignoring something requires you to do nothing. Why do you choose to DO something by responding, and engage in far more negativity than my original post? Not once have I called anyone a name on these boards, nor on those of emusic. I came here because I knew that at least some emusicers or former emusicers would be interested to know that they want me to be silent. I choose not to be. I find their conduct to be reprehensible. You are certainly welcome to disagree, but I find a company that derives 60% of its income from unwilling participants to border on the criminal. As far as withering away, I will answer any question put to me and I will respond to any personal attack. When the questions are answered and the attacks stop, I won't have any need to be here. Call it withering away if that's what eases your mind.
  • Although with the 24 track a month plan, you get most of your money's worth upfront with the bonus credits. Even if they go under after 4-5 months, you'll still come out ahead over going month to month. I will admit that the 200 bonus does smack of desperation.
  • edited September 2009
    tjlandcad, I say bitch away here, since they won't let you on eMusic. I think you said eMu banned your user ID from posting altogether? I quit eMu, but I can still post, just not start threads.

Like mommio, I'd prefer to talk about music or basically anything else.... however.... I confess, I willfully used this site to bitch about some stuff to get it out of my system, and it was a help. I hope you feel welcome to talk about other things as well. I don't hope eMusic goes under, it's just I can't afford to experiment at 50 cents and up per track.

Ah, the halcyon days of downloading with wild abandon are truly gone.

jackedUPjazz, oh my word. This is a wonderful summation:
    That place was the first, last, best and only shot at taking control of the music industry away from the numb-nuts who cater the 13 year olds who haven't a clue about how music should sound which forces the rest of us to be subjected to crap.
  • I've always felt we should let people bitch away, unless they're doing something like trying to hijack every other thread (something we've seen a fair amount at the other site that shall remain nameless).