Message board over there, zombiedroids etc

edited September 2009 in General
I've just had a look at the message board over there, even posted on the new Tinariwen album thread. While there I saw a few familiar names credited as the thread starters, but so many are very new names to me, the ones I tried to see how long they'd been members of that download service had only been recent additions, at least under that ID. We've all seen the many instances of zombiedroidemusicis****************** posting drivel almost as soon as their new music player associated freebie introduction to emu has led them to discover no latest top 40 artists available there, but has this type of thread diminished since sONYrootkitsneakers signed up to emu, or is it just me?

Following on from that. Was all that, or at least some of that type of posting, a campaign by major labels, or at least by those with vested interests, to get onto emu?

Not that I'm particularly into conspiracy theories, or paranoid either.

Not really!!! Am I??!!

Comments

• Yes, it's just a different world over there now. The vibe that got me involved years ago simply vanished. I do still occasionally post there, using another of my accounts, but very much not in the helpful-Nereffid-isn't-eMu-so-great sort of way.

The THIS SITE SUUUUUUUUUUUUXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!1! posts do seem to have died down since Sorry arrived. Maybe there's enough mainstream stuff to keep them happy now? Or has the signup process changed?
  • I did pop in yesterday to see whether anyone was talking music or talking gibberish. I found neither, but I did find that someone had resurrected wanderer's dismal thread welcoming our new lords and masters. I left.
  • I saw somewhere that trial accounts can't post now. I haven't seen confirmation of this.
  • They've cut off posting for accounts without a current subscription. When I try to reply to a post, I get "You must be an eMusic subscriber to post", which I hear as:

There ain't no need for ya
    There ain't no need for ya
    Go straight to Hell boys
    Go straight to Hell boys
  • well waddya know, me too! next they'll be suing us fer using the letters "emus" over here.
  • edited September 2009
    I either get
    eMusic Temporarily Unavailable if I reply to a thread starter post
    or
    You must be an eMusic subscriber to post if I click REPLY to someone else's post.

I can still edit my own posts. Typical; they didn't do it all the way.