Site 'improvements' over there.

edited September 2009 in General
My homepage had a new look today at the top where the recommendations section is. It's got a sky blue skyscape surround(wow!) and the ability to fine tune what recs come up in the box below - which I think has a higher number of suggestions in. I could fine tune the categories from a list of 5 musical types. I played around with it for a couple of minutes and then it reverted to the style of homepage I've had for the rest of the year. Did I manage to see into the future, were they just 'testing' or are the 'improvements' over there the same as they often seem, not fully tested and working 100%? I swear that I saw it, the strongest thing I've had to drink so far today is the coffee on the go at the moment!

If what I got a glimpse of is on it's way to full time implementation I think it should be a real improvement, as sometimes I'm in the mood to check out a certain type of sound and don't want other types. Anyone else manage to spy the new look, and if so, what do you think of it?

'New additions' has gone walkies again though.

Comments

• Not me, but someone mentioned wonkiness with their homepage on the message boards. Would it really kill them to setup a beta site like Amie Street? Amazing how many problems they could sort out that way...
  • I had it for awhile, but once I filled in my favorites and x'ed out of that portion, it reverted to the old version.

Craig
  • I saw it yesterday. Haven't visited over there this morning.
  • i saw something.

the devils.

i was comparing how much it would cost to d/l the pastels + tenniscoats release v. amie...without having an active account, i could not see the d/l equation on emu's site...probably not by design as in many cases it's cheaper to d/l from emu. pffff.