I also blog

edited October 2009 in Classical

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Imagine! So do I. Mine is a sort of nidus where I post radio recordings I like, mostly pianists. A wonderful concert by Anna Kractchenko there right now - she's a real reminder of the golden age of pianism, though she's only a youngser.

Oh - and a whole Haydn recital with Andras Schiff.

It doesn't contain any thoughts or jottings from everyday life. My everyday life is unremarkable, and I don't have thoughts as such, just music in my head.

http://ceolnasidhe.blogspot.com/
  • Thank you very much indeed to both of you....

@ RonanM
    - I grabbed the Greif Cello Concerto.
    There's no superlatives in my vocabulary to deschribe this so I'll just quote you:
    It's a masterpiece - dark, anguished, taking almost half an hour to find some sort of reprieve. Henri Demarquette's playing is astonishing, and the Orchestre Nationale de France under Jean-Claude Casadesus play as if possessed.

If you only download one piece this month, make sure this is it!

Oh yes !
  • Greetings fellow bloggers

Just curious, why do you blog, I mean what is the point.

Is it therapy, are you writing a book, organizing and chronicling your thoughts, is it the next step in your plan to conquer the world, what.

I am still trying to figure out why I do it. I think it gives a chance to be as weird as I need to be without other people complaining about my ways like my using links in everything I post (remember those days at the other place).

Anyway, I think I am one sick puppy, truly a danger to myself and others.

see for yourself
  • I blog because I love music, and I want to make more widely available some of the wonderful recordings that I have made from radio, or which friends have made.

Glad you liked the Greif, brighternow – I could not believe it when I heard it. Demarquette is an astonishing cellist, and the fact that it's live, no retakes, nothing to break the atmosphere, gives it a fierce concentration you cannot get in a studio.
  • Thanks gang. I look forward to reading these regularly.
  • Is it therapy, are you writing a book, organizing and chronicling your thoughts, is it the next step in your plan to conquer the world, ... I think it gives a chance to be as weird as I need to be without other people complaining about my ways
    To some degree, all of the above. Well, maybe not the book thing, although now you've got me thinking.

In real life I'm not a social person, but doing Nereffid's Guide and posting regularly on the other place gave me a strong sense of the concept of having an audience. Actually the blog kind of evolved from the Guide - first I was thinking of doing a weekly update to the web site, then that morphed into a particular blog idea, and then that morphed again into what I'm doing now. So the main purpose is to spread the music, but that sounds a bit more altruistic than it is. I also get a buzz from knowing that complete strangers might be interested in something I say. And JUJ is right - a blog gives you the chance to be yourself in public, on your own terms.
  • neat - N...i need to go thru the material you provided earlier and give it a "context" beyond what i was wrapped up in at the time.

i'll get unwrapped at some point.
  • In real life I'm not a social person,

Yeah, I think you are on to something there. People suck (or at least many of them do). They are all hardened and inflexible, quite unlike my imaginary playmates.

Plus my imagination never tries to harvest me for free drinks at the club cause they couldn't find a date.

ooh, did I say that out loud
  • People suck (or at least many of them do).
    Yes. But I am most thankful that many of them do not.
  • And mommio would definitely be counted among those that do not suck ;-)
  • Why, thank you, JUJ. You, too, are in the "does not suck" category. Too bad I'm not clever enough to come up with a cool link for you.
  • edited October 2009
    Too bad I'm not clever enough to come up with a cool link for you.

Well, if I may, allow me to post one for you
  • I do the Rock!
  • They told me at work that I have an attitude. Yet I don't blog. You people!
  • Thanks very much for posting this.
    Downloaded the Greif concerto and the Nami Ejiri and am now looking forward to a nice glass of red while I continue my classical music education.
  • edited October 2009
    martyna - you're very welcome. Write to Bissie and tell him to record the Grief - I did! I think it's an astonishing work. He's robert@bis.se
  • edited October 2009
    Now I'm jealous

My blog doesn't get fan mail
  • Thanks for bumping this BN - I've discoverd Nereffid's blog now!
  • Well I'd better start blogging again then!