Never Trust the Chinese

edited October 2009 in General
Last night, the so titled Mr Meeble album dropped on Amie Street. I'd never heard of it before, so I looked it up on eMu - six 5 star ratings.

I decided to check out the reviews on Amazon, many, many more 5 star ratings. The reviews are worth reading. Apparently this album has such a profound impact on its listeners that people who never, ever review things on Amazon chose to do so for their one and only review for the site.

I added my own review. Can you guess which one it is?

Comments

• HA! You're freakin' brilliant.

So is it actually any good?

Craig
  • Some Frenchman unmasked this band as a case study in "auto-promotion."
  • I rated frogkopf's review "helpful" because it helped me to roll on the floor and laugh my ass off.
  • I added my own review. Can you guess which one it is?
    The one dated 23 Oct 2009?
  • Loved the cat story. I spotted the potential for best-selling fiction in some of those reviews, but yours was the only one that made me laugh. I had to give you a Yes on helpful.
  • Can you guarantee that no real cats were in any way harmed through the process of creating that review?
  • are you the reviewer from meebleapolis, meaniesota???
  • edited October 2009
    Yes, you are all correct.

No cats were hurt during this review (it was all done with Photoshop).

As far a Mr Meeble goes, if you don't hate auto-tune by now, it's not all that bad - the stuff they ripped off from Pink Floyd is actually pleasant at times. Better than random beeps by R2D2 but not as good RJD2..

Kind of sounds like what Crimson Razorback might sound like if they smoked a lot of pot and hung around in their bedroom writing reflective New Age doggerel in their journals..
  • Aah, auto-tune, savior of cute teen performers who couldn't carry a tune in a bag, and now of people who can't write interesting lyrics, and have to use tricks to get folks to listen to them. Besides, Other people did it better two decades earlier (done with a rack full of analog synth hardware AFAIK).