Xmas Cheer

edited October 2009 in General
Any thoughts on this album?

I laughed quite heartily the first time through, but it's kind of growing on me. Destined to become a classic.

Comments

• I have heard bits on the radio -- mostly people making fun of The Bob. My thought? C'mon. It's The Bob. You know it isn't going to be like anyone else's Christmas album!
  • It's the best album of the year, but then I am a fully paid up Bob Obsessive.

I reckon its hilarious -- in both a good and bad way and I forsee myself spinning it a lot this December. In fact, I've already started.
  • I'm still on the fence. Also a huge Dylan fan and a fan of Christmas music during Christmas. So, I may wait until then to get it. I don't take this CD too seriously and since the proceeds go to charity, it doesn't seem quite like a jump on the Christmas money making train.
  • Oh, I will be buying it. Just haven't been out where it's for sale, but I guess I could get it at Amazon.
  • The more I listen to it, the more I like it.

Be sure to get the deluxe version with greeting cards...
  • I'd rather have the circa 1966 Dylan. Something like this:

Mary had a baby
    She laid him in the straw
    The wise men, they all came
    They was amazed at what they saw
  • Or....

Oh...mama....
    Could this really be the kid
    Stuck inside a manger
    With a tiny little Yid.....
  • I can only assume you are beginning to suffer from some form of Stockholm syndrome. In this case you begin to embrace the music that holds your ears captive...