Its chrimus time

Comments

• In deference to the atheists in the audience I feel we must keep Elvis out of Christmas in order to placate the ACLU, or at least give equal position to Kenny G.
  • Um, Big D, I am afraid you have confused the Christian holiday Christmas with the lower economic development holiday known as chrimus. Don't worry it is a common mistake as the two holidays share many attributes such as timing and decorating trees and such. I am sure, however, we won't have any problems out of the ACLU or Kenny G.

There are many things that are identified only with chrimus as I am sure the posters to this board will articulate.

My personal favorite

1. Putting together a new bicycle (with training wheels) from scratch before the sun rises; you cannot begin before midnight and you must be slap ass drunk for the entire exercise and have no more than 20% of the parts left over after completion.
  • I wouldn't be so sure there won't be any problems out of Kenny G. Dude is crazy.

Craig
  • Festivus!! For the rest of us.

(A donation has been made in your name to the Human Fund)
  • 2. Having achieved the appropriate level of slap ass drunk and completed the task at No.1, you now realise that your elderly auntie's present remains hidden under the spare bed. The very same bed in fact, on which the said auntie is currently asleep.

You and your partner's mission is to enter the spare room, locate the item at the back of one of the four (over-full) storage drawers under the bed, remove it (complete with it's crinkly plastic bag) and exit the room without giggling, tripping, falling over, spilling your drinks or waking the occupant.

(she never said anything the next morning but... )

sorry, fresh out of chrimus links
  • edited December 2009
    sorry, fresh out of chrimus links

Please, allow me
  • I haven't clicked on any of your links, JUJ, but it doesn't matter. This thread gets a big laugh at almost every post. They started with the November 28th post. Keep 'em coming.
  • 4. Talking smack on the playground about all the great and wonderful things you are going to get for chrimus and then having to dread going back to school to face the music when you don't get none of that shit, only to find out nobody else got none of the shit they bragged about either.

Santa's got a big old bag
  • edited December 2009
    5. Teaching the greedy so-snd-so a lesson by wrapping a single chocolate mouse in a 3 x 3 x 3 ft box (with filling to add weight), with a monster bow on top, while the real present hides in a tiny box right at the back of the tree.
    I don't want much myself...
  • edited December 2009
    6. While wrapping presents in front of the fireplace and requisite carefully hung stockings, becoming quite noisily overcome with the, erm... spirit of the season and getting busted by a groggy three year old who from that day forward always looked at department store Santa's with a jaundiced eye.

Gonna need therapy for chrimus link

edit:
    I am officially changing the link for this post
  • Um, Big D, I am afraid you have confused the Christian holiday Christmas with the lower economic development holiday known as chrimus.
    Same to me: the time of year when we Jews make a multicultural gesture to Asian Americans, driving around town to find a Chinese restaurant to eat at.

Hag Hanukkah Sameach!
  • @ Bad Thoughts - Shades of my favorite Christmas movie . . .

Deck the har with bough of hary, fa ra ra . . .
  • @mommio

We are conducting a campaign to replace the other holiday feel good movies with this film as the holiday feel bad movie of choice.

Read the details about I want me this cat I found