Some great $6.99 Naive, Jordi Savall, and Harmonia Mundi deals at 7Digital

edited January 2010 in Classical
Hello & regards to all.

I found some eye popping deals on 7Digital for recordings on the Harmonia Mundi, Naive, and Alia Vox labels. They all seem to be priced at $6.99.

Jordi Savall's recording of Vivaldi's Farnace on Naive for $6.99 here at $0.10 a track. At Amazon the download sells for $25.49. At eMusic it is 68 credits.

Jean-Christophe Spinosi and Ensemble Matheus' recording of Vivaldi's Orlando Furioso on Naive for $6.99 here for $0.07 a track. The Amazon download is $25.49. At eMusic it is 94 credits.

Rene Jacob's Don Giovanni is $6.99 here for $0.11 a track. Amazon download is $25.49. At eMusic it is 61 credits. Look also for his Idomeneo and Nozze di Figaro for $6.99.

Lots of Naive, Jordi Savall, and Rene Jacobs, but you have to look hard for them. The 7Digital search engine for classical music is not very useful.

Let me know if you find other outrageous deals along these lines.

Have fun!

Comments

• Thanks, I didn't know they had classical, this will make relocating to the states a bit more enjoyable.
  • edited January 2010
    No need to relocate - they have regional sites for all sorts of countries. I found Richard Goode's Mozart at about 5 euro a disc on the Irish one. Clearly merits investigation...

EDIT: Actually, the same albums were cheaper on iTunes...
  • When I tried downloading here (Italy) a few weeks ago 7Digital wouldn't allow it. I'm returning to the states to retire, not for the downloading :-) How did you find these tracks? There doesn't seem to be a category for classical on their site.
  • @MrV - I imagine there are several ways to search. I found at least some of them by clicking on the Soundtrack tag in the left bar, then choosing classical from the related tags at the top of the page. That gives you a variety of tags related to classical music. At that point, you just have to start clicking around through Artists and Albums.

My first attempt was to search on the word classical. One of the results was Classical Gas. Yeah. You can also try searching on a specific artist or orchestra or a composer. They don't make it easy. Prior to cbcd's post, I had no idea there was classical there, and I did a lot of moving around the site during the big sale.
  • @Mommio, MrV, et al - I only ran into these by chance when I saw Jordi Savall's name listed under the 'Folk' category. My immediate response was 'WTF?'
  • @cbcf: Medieval music can be difficult to categorize, since many popular tunes and songs only became concert pieces over time. To add to the confusion, Savall recorded an album of Celtic music (not necessarily well received).