Media player/burning tool help!

edited January 2010 in General
I'm on the search for a general all-purpose program for playing my tracks and for burning them to disc in either mp3 or audio CD format.

I used to use real player because the tracks sound so much better ther than on iTunes or WMP, but I have an issue with it freezing up and don't care for the playlist function in the later versions. iTunes is OK, but it seems that when I burn an mp3 disc, there's always a problem with with about two or three tracks no matter which computer I burn on or what crand cd-r I use. I have used Nero before but it tends to reorder my tracks unless I use the data CD funtion and then the process of adding tracks is a pain.

So is there a user friendly program that will let me play my tracks and assist me in burning or am I just asking too much?

BTW, I'm running Vista.

cowrun

Comments

• I have no advice. But I will comment, you're wise to avoid iTunes. I don't know what the hell they have done, but they've rendered thousands of CD/DVD burners useless with their bad code.
  • I'm getting more and more used to Songbird as my primary player. Haven't tried the burning feature yet. If I get a chance, I'll try it this weekend and let you know.
  • I've mentioned this in a couple of threads before and I know I'm begining to sound like some sort of a salesperson, but, I'll mention it again because it has been so much better than anything else I've tried - Media Monkey. (Oh, and it's free)
  • Thanks for the responses. Had computer problems for a week or so and just getting back to normal.

After checking out Songbird and Media Monkey, I decided on the latter. After I get my new hard drive installed, I'll give it a try and report back.

cowrun