Nettwerk Records

edited March 2010 in General
There's a ton of Nettwerk / Nettwerk Productions label stuff on today's , most of which I could have sworn was already on eMu. Did they leave eMusic while I wasn't looking?

What caught my attention was Abigal Washburn, which was I know I got on eMu. My profile no longer lists it, though.

Comments

• Some, but not all of them were on eMu earlier. My guess is they changed distributors and pulled the ones that were here and reposted. Wonder when they were pulled.

I know quite a few albums are on Amie. I'm sure I've picked up at least a few dozen there.
  • Drat! I hate this crap. Would seem this is not the first change for Nettwork since they were already included in one of my Private lists over there detailing albums I have that became nonentities on my Download History thanks to these kind of switcheroos.
  • edited March 2010
    As far as I remember it was pulled last summer and came back in small lumps in the autumn.

The whole The Tear Garden catalogue was there when this one arrived 02/23/10. (From another label)
    - So it must have been pulled at least 2 times within a year.

Another strange thing: Plong42's link shows 185 albums. The link I posted at this thread on the other board shows 224 albums

BTW: The Tear Garden is Kevin Key from Skinny Puppy + The Legendary Pink Dots and is a fantastic band.

Edit: Here's a bit about it on a jedwardk post from october 19.
  • >I know quite a few albums are on Amie.

I keep my eMu and AmieStreet dloads in separate folders, so I am sure I could figure where they came from. FWIW, I hardly ever re-dload something, and maybe never in the case of eMu. The only exception was the Great Box Set Debacle of 2009.

Still, I am in the habit of letting eMu remind me that I already bought something. There have been a couple of times I have bought something I already owned. (OK, that happens in real life too....sadly)
  • Hey, if it's good enough to buy twice it must be a keeper, right? Otherwise known as "Do I own too many CDs to keep track of?". Well, umm, yes. It's happened to me with books as well. That's my biggest beef with the eMu situation in terms of Partial albums mostly, is that I have to check it against the hard drives, and you are deprived of any Complete My Album album pricing option.
  • >you are deprived of any Complete My Album album pricing option.

Good point, that had not occurred to me. I do not think that eMu plots things our like some mad scientist, it is all down to shifting distribution. And yes, I have too many CD's to keep track of.