Help out my wife's blog...

edited May 2010 in General
So my wife has been blogging stories about her life as a mother with two young boys, and her blog has been chosen as a finalist in Parent Magazine's blogger awards. Would appreciate people checking out the blog, and giving her some votes. Should be enjoyable to people who have been there, are headed there, or are currently there. I think it's pretty funny stuff, but I'm biased as hell.

Comments

• Done. Dadcentric is setting a torrid pace, though.

Congrats to Mrs Amclark, and to you on having such a lovely family. Sympathies to Buster.
  • voted this afternoon;
    good stuff
  • Just cast my vote for your Mrs.
    Cute kids!
    If I remember, I'll vote on a few other PCs.
  • edited May 2010
    Just voted for your Mrs. blog with pleasure.

You've got a lovely family and a cat very similar to mine. - He's also very tempermental, in fact a real bully.

5 to 10 more votes and mrs. amclark2 will be ahead, so come along you emusers !
  • Thanks everybody! She's in the lead this morning!
  • Oh, once you get eMuser nation behind you it's not even a fair fight anymore.

I checked out DadCentric and they are all ad-supported, going on product junkets, etc. Buncha sellouts.
  • I'm sorry to say that Soup is ahead by at least 20

- So all hands on deck !
  • Just added to my Mommy Blogroll (yes, I have a Mommy category in Google Reader). Will vote today.
  • OK I voted... how does one see the current results? I must be extra dense this morning because I don't see anything.
  • I think the results counter broke - I can't see it anymore either - it used to be in the spot that now says "thank you for voting"
  • voted. mebbe folks can slip this onto their fb page and get a bit viral...of course, if this ends up in an arms race...
  • Tell your wife that I'm enjoying her writing (and I voted for her). She makes a good addition to my mommy reading material.

I'm actually trying to write more about being a daddy on my own blog, too. So the more I read, the more I am inspired.
  • Good luck. I hope our vote from Canada counts.
    -always
  • Enjoy it while you can, fellers. They stay little for a long time, but sometime after 3rd grade there is a kind of time acceleration thing that happens...
  • uh huh. fifth grade for garrett flew while holden's second grade took a livable pace.
  • My pleasure to cast today - love the photo of the dog with the vacuum cleaner, mine used to do exactly the same thing.
  • Did some reading - yep, she's a mother! I voted and asked my Facebook friends (mostly family, and most with small children or grandchildren) to do the same.
  • I did enjoy reading that. Funny, it doesn't matter how smart you think you are, a three year old can always floor you.
    You have my vote
  • Congratulations to your wife! I will definitely read her blog.
  • Last call for voting !
    (the voting period ends June 4)

- Let us know how it worked out . . .
  • Thank you all for your votes and kind comments! Will keep you all posted.
  • Congrats on your anniversary! Thoroughly enjoying your wife's blog.
  • Hey, nice blog, nice family.

And, belatedly now, happy anniversary - mine was yesterday too!
  • Well, belated happy anniversary to you to then!
  • let's see some basement photos.
  • Well??? !!!! Did her blog win?
  • We don't find out until august. I will keep you all posted. Thank you all so much for your votes and comments. I'm going to break the links on this thread; if anyone loses them or didn't get a chance to see, just whisper me a comment.
  • Getting close to mid-August. The June/July mag is spotlighted. Most mags already have the August and August/September issues on the newstands.

Waiting to hear the results.
  • Sorry, I forgot to keep you all posted; Soup Mama won. Which we were at least glad it wasn't the annoying dadcentric thing. Thanks for all your votes though. And I know at least one of you's still reading and commenting - thanks for that too.