eMusic API

edited May 2010 in General
Posted today at eMu. I'm not a developer, but maybe some of you are and would be interested.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    I saw that and wondered what level of deviant behavior this would allow me to engage in
  • edited June 2010
    I'm sure you can think of something, JUJ! :) Just let us in on it when you do so we can enjoy the fun.
  • Just deviant behavior, jUj?, I'm thinking of all-out depravity. But perhaps it's best not to shock folks too much right off the bat.
  • Isn't deviant behavior and all out depravity the reason they exiled us to emusers

Now they seem to be encouraging it.

hmmm
  • This is the perfect excuse for me to get back into coding...thinking about a Last.fm-eMu mashup--finding Last.fm recommendations on eMusic.
  • A last.fm/emusic mashup was implemented, albeit without benefit of the API: http://lfmseek.com/

Very useful, though slow. I would hope the API would make it a lot faster. Wonder if the author's still interested.
  • Way to shatter my dreams, kargatron!!!!

Nah, didn't know about lfmseek but after looking it over I'm thinking about extending the concept to harvest recs based on your listening habits rather than it being a search driven utility, sort of like Soundamus. If anything, it'll keep me off the street for a couple of nights. ;-)
  • Anything that keeps you off the streets is an excellent idea...
  • elwood, lfmseek has an option to search on last.fm username, which is essentially a 'listening habit' search, in that it looks up last.fm's suggestions for that user. The problem with lfmseek is that the author had to go through painful steps to access the emu data, and hence is quite slow. The API may make an implementation much easier and faster. I emailed the author, but I was under the impression he'd abandoned the effort due to randomly varying emusic code changes. Maybe the API will attract him back to the effort - it's a fine idea/tool. But go for it, the more the merrier - the idea's golden.