What are local shared objects LSO ...

edited August 2010 in Fight Club
and why do we care

The thieving bastards have been at all along and hoped we wouldn't find out about it

Read about the problem and the solution (such as it is) here

This really puts adobe in a whole new light.

Do any of you tech monkeys have any advice on dealing with this.

Comments

• I _hate_ Adobe and wish upon them rapidly diminishing returns until they are snapped up by some equity firm, product line chopped up, and sold to the highest bidder that can execute the fastest.
  • ...and now emusers is using LSO

just great!
  • CCleaner

It's free! It's fun! It chops, dices, slices, and sashays those LSOs right the hell off your computer.

I even use it at work. Does an excellent job of cleaning out every last bit of crap (it was originally called crap cleaner) that infects your computer and your privacy. They also make other excellent freeware including a file recovery tool and disk defragmenter.
  • OK so it isn't emusers using LSO

It is the place which shall not be mentioned using LSO when you leave their site to come here. Hmmmm
  • That darn Adobe Flash. Thanks for posting about the LSOs - interesting reading.
    Anybody know how to save a photo from webpages that display them from Flash?
  • edited August 2010
    @Katrina, based on my experience deploying Flash based assets it is a giant pain in the ass but maybe someone here has a cleaner solution. Here's what instructables has to say but I'm epically lazy and use a screenshot tool (skitch is my preferred but is Mac only).
  • Ahh, I was hoping for something easier than what instructuables had to say. I found some other sites that said Win 7 snipping tool would do it, but no....it doesn't.
    I'll check out skitch on the Mac, then.
    Thanks!