eMusic - Rate Albums for 10 free credits

edited August 2010 in eMusic New Releases
Just arrived in my email --

HOW IT WORKS:
Step 1 - Rate 10 albums between August 5 and August 19.
Step 2 - To claim your 10 free credits just visit eMusic between noon EST August 20, 2010 and August 30, 2010. The 10 free credits are valid for 30 days from the date you claim them.

Comments

• just arrived in my email - 75 free credits to return - 12 days after my official cancelation date - that was quick!
  • Methinks all may not be going well in Paradise. I have had several enticements to go annual or increase my monthly subscription, but I'm sticking at 12 a month. Still considering leaving.
  • I think I've been able to partake in the 75 free to return at least 3 times in the last 12-13 months. Way cheaper than booster crack.
  • I think people have been suggesting that eMu isn't doing well for about 2 years now, but the predictions of their failure haven't really panned out.

However a couple things have changed. Recent news shows that their subscription base has dropped below 400,000. Additionally, their price increases have really narrowed the gap between them and Amazon. Out of the top 100 albums on Amazon, less than 25 are more than $6 and several of those were only $3.99 recently.

My point is... woohoo! free credits!
  • I just got another 75 free offer to join again two weeks after quitting. It's the third one I've been offered in 6 months. Interesting enough, I haven't received any offer for the frogkopf account which has now been fallow for 3 months. Maybe they only offer one renewal per CC. Or maybe some of the most boisterous old timers have been flagged for no renewal offer.
  • yeah, i think thom's right. that article says emusic's subscriber base has shrunk from 400K to about 375K, but that's not a huge drop. and i think that emusic rose to 400K after sony arrived.

anyway -- woohoo! free credits! tho i haven't seen the "rate 10 albums" promotion yet.