Universal?

edited August 2010 in whirling dervish
According to Wikipedia, Rounder Records has a distribution deal with Universal, and recently there was a huge Rounder drop. And also according to Wikipedia, ABKCO is distributed by Universal, and today, look what dropped. So will ABKCO come back? Is Universal on its way? And what's a good place to start with Alan Lomax recordings?

Comments

• We're sorry. The albums by this label are unavailable for download in your country (Denmark) at this time.
    - As expected. . .
  • We're sorry, all the really cool 2 or 3 track albums that Brighternow recomends to you will cost you 12 or 24 or 120 credits to download...
  • They're giving us 5 freebies for taking a quiz, and now 10 freebies for rating 10 albums. That does seem like the type of thing they'd do just prior to a big drop, so I suppose it's possible.

Craig
  • edited August 2010
    Not to rain on the parade, but doesn't Rounder belong to Concord Music Group, bought up earlier this year (not that a big addition isn't forthcoming)?

ETA: "Physical distribution of [Concord] product in most countries is handled by Universal Music Group." I would assume that digital distribution is separate.
  • True, I forgot about that; which raises another question; Concord group is album-pricing free while Rounder is album priced; is Concord due for a change?