Sufjan Stevens EP for $5

edited August 2010 in General
Sufjan Stevens - All Delighted People EP, 8 tracks of Sufjanniesque goodness, released via BandCamp.

Comments

• Thanks, listened, sounds pretty good, worth the $5 for me.
  • It will also be on eMu on Monday.

Craig
  • I didn't realize it would be on eMu, although I feel like Sufjan gets more of my money if I buy it for $5 on Bandcamp. He is one of the few artists I feel like that about, maybe Bill Mallonee too. I'd pay a little more if I know he is going to see the money.

I do think that an 8 song, nearly 60 minute effort is not really an EP, even if there is a re-mix of one song. This is a full-length album.
  • This thing is absolutely amazing. I love it so much.
  • Besides the increased compensation angle, I didn't long consider waiting for emusic - emu has so much stuff I do want, there's no reason for me to grab something there I can get elsewhere for a comparable price - that would effectively reduce my overall buying value.
  • The Bandcamp version had 320K mp3's, if that matters. I've been through the EP a couple of times now, very much a full album worth the dollars. The last track Djohariah is some 17 minutes long with a long "Down by the River" style guitar solo that borders on "epic"