Anybody want an Amie-Amazon promo code?

edited September 2010 in General
Hi all,
I got the email from amie with an amazon promo code but it's US only.
Can't see anything tying it to me/my account, so if any of you US types would like a bonus $5 just say the word and I'll whisper/email the code to you.
Shame to let it go to waste.

Cheers,
Old Uncle Xtrev

Comments

• Craig I think never got one, but if he doesn't want it I'll bite.
  • luddite hooked me up, so I recommend that cousin amclark2 get it.

Craig
  • I feel like SUCH a dork. A kind soul gave me a code and it gave this message:

We had a problem redeeming your gift card
    There's something wrong with the gift card claim code you entered. Please check for transposed digits, omitted digits, and similar errors. Don't worry, this is not case sensitive.

This is the 2nd code I've tried. I finally read the lines after that - looks like the code is only good at checkout. duuurr.

Please note: Promotional codes from Amazon.com may only be redeemed at the time that you place an order.

I dont' feel like shopping right now, but I bet it works when I check out!
  • Maybe that's the problem amclark2 is having as well?
    If not and you can really only use 1 code per account, then if anybody who hasn't had one wants it, just let me know.
  • Would opening up a new account work?
  • Yes, it is only 1 per account and yes, opening a 2nd account will work.
  • Wait....I can't use two codes? Does it say that or does their software really check. Har.
    Amie St did end up sending me one, and a non-USA person sent me another one.
  • Katrina - I entered mine as soon as luddite sent it and there were no issues with not using it for a few days, so it's definitely the fact that there was more than one.

Craig
  • I never read anything about not being able to use multiple, but I tried entering all of mine immediately and only the first one took. I then logged into my work Amazon account and was able to use it there.
  • Finally used mine tonight.
  • I thought they expired a while ago. What'd you get?
  • edited December 2010
    Beach House - Teem Dream. I had missed it when it was cheaper, so I used both the Amie code and the Amazon code -- $8.00 off. I haven't listened to it yet, as it was downloading when I went to bed. (Expiration date - December 1)

I was looking for something, and some items I have wanted that are on my Wish List aren't available as mp3s. I checked the old Beach House - Beach House that I got long ago at eMu. Hadn't listened to it in a long time, but I saw that it had many listens, and yes, I still liked the sound. That's how I decided Beach House was the one. I know, too much detail. I get carried away sometimes.
  • No, that's the right amount of detail. I need to go back and listen to the previous Beach House releases. None of the songs I heard before really grabbed me. Teen Dream, on the other hand, wowed me.
  • I liked the first Beach House a lot - my favorite part though was the demo tracks tacked onto the end. I never got around to the middle stuff. And I love the most recent one to bits and pieces.
  • I thought most promo codes on Amazon could be added and saved until they expired. That's been my experience, including sometimes getting promo mp3 credit and forgetting about until my next mp3 deal impulse buy.

Love the latest Beach House too, even though I waited until it showed up on eMu to get it.
  • Speaking of Amazon promos, and apologies if this was mentioned in another emusers thread....But I recently discovered that the Coinstar coin-counting machines vend Amazon credits, without any service fee. (Criminally, they charge nearly 10% if you redeem your coins [aka cash] as cash.) I converted half a coffee can of change into $86 worth of Amazon credit yesterday, just in time for Christmas shopping.