What are you listening to right now? (Twenty Million Things [We'd Like to Do when COVID is over])

Comments

• Bobby Birdman

2001             Exhausted, The Cost Of                   2002                 Born Free Forever

2003                       Heart Caves                           2006               Giraffes And Jackals
  • Bon Iver

2007               For Emma, Forever Ago                    2009                   Blood Bank

2011                   Bon Iver, Bon Iver
  • Boo Hewerdine

1992                       Ignorance                                2002                     Anon

2004                  Harmonograph
  • edited January 2021
    Two of my dear friends from way back when I lived in Copenhagen is brewing with an album as TIN & ELISHA, Ole Hansen and Ann Westergaard and with assistance by Kenneth Agerholm (New Jungle Orchestra)
    Here is a most brilliant taster:
    I think I have convinced them to "go Bandcamp" with the album, so I'm sure there will be much more about this in the near future
    - And here's the second taster from this very talented danish duo:

• edited January 2021
    - And now on to something quite different :)
    @rolandkuit - Kyma
    Balázs Adorján - Cello
    Time modulations in the spectral realm. - Roland Kuit - Kyma
    - spectral processing on amplitudes.

• edited January 2021
    @yarjazz wrote:
    Life's too short to listen to dreck - avoid eMusic.
    I had to search my library for dreck (a new word to me)
    httpsd1ewwfbdm371xjcloudfrontneteMusicrestcataloggetReleaseCoverreleaseId66977398width800

This is as close as I could get . . .
  • edited January 2021

@Brighternow I see from the bandcamp emails that you bought one of this series in the last day or two as well. Is it just coincidence that immediately after you and @rostasi and @djh discussed the strange pricing on this label, all of the albums changed from EUR999 ($1200) per album (AND THE SAME PRICE PER TRACK!) to NYOP? Did one of you contact them? It's a welcome change - there is some fun stuff to explore there. (It's fun to be the first person to buy a bandcamp album too).
  • If you want an interesting read, then go here
    and you can read details on each track/artist.
  • edited January 2021

@Brighternow I see from the bandcamp emails that you bought one of this series in the last day or two as well. Is it just coincidence that immediately after you and @rostasi and @djh discussed the strange pricing on this label, all of the albums changed from EUR999 ($1200) per album (AND THE SAME PRICE PER TRACK!) to NYOP? Did one of you contact them? It's a welcome change - there is some fun stuff to explore there. (It's fun to be the first person to buy a bandcamp album too).
    I did not contact them. They started January 10, 2021 with 001 Philippe Petit, so most likely it was a mistake, but who knows . . .

- The Modulisme team is:
    Philippe Petit
    A&R
    The artistic choices are made by Philippe Petit, who has been supporting left field music since the 80’s and releasing through his labels Pandemonium Rdz. and BiP_HOp.
    Yan Proefrock
    Founder, administrator & artistic director of Modular-Station. . . .

Modulisme (translates Modularism) is a media supporting leftfield Modular Synthesis. Providing ressources/interviews, a radio program aired via 7 antennas, and above all label-like streaming music for you to listen to…

What’s in each section:Sessions – There we are offering original music and developing a platform that will document the genre and draw attention upon the composers who make it strong.

For practical reasons using BC and thus a “pay what you want” price as their service does not allow streaming-only BUT our sessions aren’t for sale as I’m insisting on not doing a business… If you want to support it is welcome and we’ll cover our costs and share revenue with each artist.
    But each session can be streamed without any limitation and should grow on you revealing details with each listen.

*****************************************************************************************
    NP: From 2014 and new on Starkland's Bandcamp page:
    This excerpts demonstrates how a swarm of crickets is turned into music. Individual crickets are isolated and their pitch and rhythm transcribed. When slowed down and the pitch dropped to human performance capabilities the parts are individually performed on brass, reed and wind instruments. These performed parts are then time compressed to create the type of velocities found in the original cricket sounds.

• BoDeans

1986           Love & Hope & Sex & Dreams            1987                 Outside Looking In

2004                    Resolution
  • edited January 2021
    Continuing with the Modulisme series:

Gino Robair - Modulisme Session 012

. . ."He has recorded with Tom Waits, Anthony Braxton, Terry Riley, Lou Harrison, John Butcher, Derek Bailey, Peter Kowald, Otomo Yoshihide, the ROVA Saxophone Quartet, and Eugene Chadbourne, among many others. In addition, Robair has performed with John Zorn, Nina Hagen, Fred Frith, Eddie Prevost, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Myra Melford, Wadada Leo Smith, and the Club Foot Orchestra." . . .

• Jazz/improvised music from Leeds - NYP at Bandcamp
  • Bobby Sichran

1994        From A Sympathetical Hurricane           2006             Peddler In Babylon
  • edited January 2021
    rostasi said:

- My goodness . . .
  • Brooklyn Raga Massive - In D

• edited January 2021
    On Northern Spy Records
    NB: "Sean Raspet’s scent creations are presented on a scratch and sniff card included with the physical copies of SUPERSENSE so that listeners can get the full experience, taking in the smells as they hear each track"
  • edited January 2021
    "The Best Of Ten Years After" a 2000 re-issue of 1991's "The Essential Ten Years After'.

• Bonnie Bramlett

1974                        It's Time                              2002                 I'm Still The Same

1970          Delaney & Bonnie & Friends
                                  On Tour
  • Bobby Bland

1976                         Bobby Bland & B.B. King           Together Again...Live

1977                Reflections In Blue
  • Bo Ramsey

2008                                     Fragile

• released January 26, 2021
    "Abstractions in Sound" is the final installment in Matthew Evan Taylor's "Unheard Mixtapes" series, commissioned by Metropolis Ensemble.

As composer Anthony R. Green writes in his liner notes for the project, "Crevices often contain the richest universes that can be passed, ignored, displaced, forgotten in a matter of seconds. Every person - who also is a unique world - contains multiple crevices which reveal themselves sometimes through speech, comportment, creativity. In Matthew Evan Taylor's Abstractions in Sound, his intimate musical crevices are laid bare for listeners to examine, absorb, intimate. The album, though separated into six distinct improvisations, suggests a journey containing a single path through various terrains, each with their own unique, rich crevices. Suffice it to say, this ultimately left-to-right journey is rife with micro- and macro-wanderings through space and time via musical phenomena: microtonal inflections, multiphonics, licks, vibrato extremes, tone beauty, tone ugliness, the harmonic series, vocal modulations, interruption, saturation, and so much more."

• edited January 2021
    Bah, another "tribute" to jazz immortals. But wait, it's Dave Liebman and Joe Lavano blowing Coltrane tunes...

• December 11, 2020
    - Converging at a cultural terminus that bridges Belgian electronic music, French comic book culture and the cream of the cinéma fantastique film genre, this rescued and previously unreleased multi-discipline art film soundtrack entwines unlikely links between the likes of Daniel Schell's Cos, French vampire film director Jean Rollin, Tintin, dark ambient pioneer Igor Wakhévitch, Heavy Metal magazine, Moebius, Alejandro Jodorowsky, choreographer Maurice Béjart, musique concrète legends François Bayle and Luc Ferrari, and some of the most notorious examples of pre-certificate Video Nasties and Mondo cinema. Needless to say the empty branch on the Finders Keepers family tree reserved for synthesist, sound designer and ethnological instrument enthusiast Alain Pierre is ready to bare some very strange fruit. . . .

• Listening to one of my favourite songs "Even Less" from the Porcupine Tree 1999 album "Stupid Dream".

AMG says of "Stupid Dream" that it "starts out with a definite bang -- "Even Less," with some of the quartet's biggest, blasting rock epic music yet, yet also shot through with the gentler, acoustic side that makes Porcupine Tree so intimate and lovely". 

https://www.allmusic.com/album/stupid-dream-mw0000237747

• Bojanek & Michalowski

2012                As Far As It Seems                        2018                        Solid
This discussion has been closed.