What are you listening to right now? (Twenty Million Things [We'd Like to Do when COVID is over])

Comments

• edited May 2021
    rostasi said:

Happy 90th Alvin!

Alvin Lucier Still and Moving Lines of Silence in Families of Hyperbolas (part II, numbers 5​-​8)

• Doofy said:
    Life
    In some Jazz forum recently, I saw someone ask whether there was ever a bad Black Saint/Soul Note record, which I assume was a hypothetical rhetorical question

Which forum was this? I only follow Organissimo these days. I take your point mind you.
  • rostasi said:
    I know what you mean.

I don't know whether I'm more jealous of you having three times the number of those box sets than I do, or that you have them easily available on the shelf and grouped that way. I can spot the Charlie Haden from where I'm sitting but the rest might as well be in storage (failed digital copying related heartbreak!)
  • Geoff MuldaurJim Kweskin & The Jug BandGeoff & Maria Muldaur

1964                  Sleepy Man Blues                       1965                 Jug Band Music

1967                  Garden Of Joy                            1968                   Pottery Pie 
  • djh said:
    rostasi said:
    I know what you mean.

I don't know whether I'm more jealous of you having three times the number of those box sets than I do, or that you have them easily available on the shelf and grouped that way. I can spot the Charlie Haden from where I'm sitting but the rest might as well be in storage (failed digital copying related heartbreak!)
    It's kind of a fluke that they're together and in numerical order. I definitely don't do this with any other part of my collection, but it just kinda moved in that direction probably because I had the intention of getting the complete series. Good stuff that replaces a lot of vinyl for me. They've seemed to stop releasing the sets and so that's the final(?) result. Still, they may end up on Discogs now that I have them on drives and backups. Here's a larger picture.
  • rostasi said:
    djh said:
    rostasi said:
    I know what you mean.

It's kind of a fluke that they're together and in numerical order. I definitely don't do this with any other part of my collection, but it just kinda moved in that direction probably because I had the intention of getting the complete series. Good stuff that replaces a lot of vinyl for me. They've seemed to stop releasing the sets and so that's the final(?) result. Still, they may end up on Discogs now that I have them on drives and backups. Here's a larger picture.

I was wondering why the box on the left was green and now realise that although it was reissued by CAM Jazz it wasn't Black Saint / Soul Note.
  • Itaru Oki  Kazuko Shiraishi  Keiki Midorikawa    A Bear Of The Human  Family 2003 CD - Discogs

Keiki Midorikawa, cello
    Hiroshi Funato, double bass
    Kazuko Shiraishi, poetry reading
    Hutch Hamamoto, trumpet
    Itaru Oki, trumpet
  • Still stuck in the past...
    Geoff MuldaurGeoff & Maria MuldaurMaria MuldaurJim Kweskin

1972                     Sweet Potatoes                        1973                  Maria Muldaur

1974             Waitress In A Donut Shop                1975          Is Having A Wonderful Time

1977                    Lives Again
  • edited May 2021
    Thanks to @djh "Gusano Mechanic" by Climax has been on constant rotation

• Thanks to @djh "Gusano Mechanic" by Climax has been on constant rotation

You are very welcome!

Some chilled Spanish sunshine beats for a rainy London Monday morning.

• ^^^I'm not going to unhear that in a while!^^^
  • That might be fun!
  • edited May 2021
    "Red Album" by Baroness

One of their band members is an accomplished artists who designs their album covers.

• Well, it started snowing last night after raining all day so no gardening for me today.
    The Golden Palominos

1983               The Golden Palominos                 1991               Drunk With Passion

1993                 This Is How It Feels                     1994                        Pure

1996                    Dead Inside

• Se (in) de bos by Book Of Air Vvolk via Bandcamp. "'Se (in) de bos' - a slow paced 60 minute piece performed by the 18 musicians 'vvolk' orchestra composed by Stijn Cools."

This discussion has been closed.